People…Passion…Performance….the pillars of a great company. A company that delivers lasting value to its customers and employees. A company where employees love to work and customers gain an advantage from the outcomes we deliver. A company like Acentia.
•Acentia is now a MAXIMUS Company. Please visit the MAXIMUS website to view additional job opportunities.
Systems Administrator II
•You can indicate referral from ARLINGTON EMPLOYMENT CENTER JOB BOARD
Acentia, a MAXIMUS Federal Company is a premier provider of technology and management solutions providing state of the art software modernization, information and identity assurance and service optimization for Healthcare, Financial and Regulatory markets.
Acentia a MAXIMUS Federal Company is seeking a Release Manager to join our team supporting a large Medical Health Client in Reston, VA.
The System Administrator II will install and configure Windows Server, XenApp, Netscaler, and applications in development and test lab environments.
Responsibilities to include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Responsible for system security and data integrity
- Responsible for troubleshooting system issues.
- Administer quarterly patches as required/patch management for servers and workstations.
- Maintain IP address space for domain.
- Racking/deracking servers and network connections as required.
- Migrations as required.
- Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources
- Performs system backups and recovery as required
- May produce periodic business reports, generate output such as labels, letters, and forms, and respond to frequent management request for information
- May be a resident expert for applications running on a department-wide LAN or for the entire computer system in a smaller enterprise
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Windows Server (2003, 2008+) Administration
- Citrix XenApp Configuration
- Citrix Net Scaler Administration
- WebLogic Administration
Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to work proactively and effectively with clients, and deliver high quality work products in a timely manner
- Ability to provide leadership in recommending, developing, and communicating approaches for resolving specific issues
- Ability to provide leadership in obtaining data needed for specific analysis across the Military Health System and related organizations
- Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels in the organization
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Ability to manage across multiple tasks with differing priorities
- Proactive attention to detail
- Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of Degree
- United States Citizenship is required for this position as per Contract Requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area.
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate.
- Work location is in Reston, VA, with regular day trips to client office (Rosslyn, VA) and occasional overnight travel to Great Lakes Naval Station in Lake Bluff, IL.
Acentia, a MAXIMUS Federal Company takes pride in a positive and friendly atmosphere with the drive to succeed. We are looking for people who will contribute to our culture with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and problem solve. Come join us!
If you want the distinction and benefits that come with being employed by a world-class organization that offers you the opportunity to support critical programs essential to the continued safety and prosperity of the United States, while allowing for personal and professional growth, then we would like to hear from you…
For more details about Acentia, a MAXIMUS Federal Company follow this link http://youtu.be/s8zfxHx3TNM or visit our website www.acentia.com to learn more!
- United States Citizenship is required as per our contract requirements
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- Relocation will not be offered.
- EEO/AA employer; We welcome diversity at Acentia. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. Acentia welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation.
Follow us on Twitter @Acentia; looking for employment opportunities with us? #Acentiajobs