Job Title: Sr. Project Manager, Organizational Change Management
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDB
Job ID #: 9774
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of the OCM Program Director, this role will be critical to the development and execution of complex and strategic organizational change management capabilities at CareFirst. Along with the OCM Program Director and other OCM practitioners, this individual will be responsible for interacting with senior level management from all areas of the company to provide organizational change management and business readiness functions as it relates to medium and large scale enterprise programs. Duties include but are not limited to, the following:
Organizational Change Management Competency Center Support
Support the OCM Program Director to maintain the yearly goals of the OCM Competency Center. Responsibilities include:
• Support the development, maintenance, and execution of the OCM Competency Center structure, core framework, and templates
• Evaluate organizational change management needs for Corporate Initiatives across all areas of CareFirst, both business and TOS
• Support the development and execution of TOS senior executive level communications
• Work with associate communications, provider relations, corporate training, and Strategic Business Units (SBU) training departments to help coordinate OCM Competency Center objectives and activities
• Work with team to develop strategic partnerships with outside vendors and consultants to incorporate industry best practices, trends, processes, and products and services into current OE/OCM strategies
Corporate Initiative Organizational Change Management Planning
Help plan and scope Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities needed for various CareFirst Corporate Initiatives. Responsibilities include:
• Work with TOS and Business Leadership to help scope change management activities needed on various CIs
• Help identify the appropriate vendor team (as needed) and review proposed statements of work
• Manage OCM Lead on each CI to make sure deliverables are completed on time, with quality and within budget
• Work with corporate communications, provider relations, and HR/IT training departments to help enable the CI OCM Team to be successful
Oversee and Manage OCM Scope and Deliverables for Various CareFirst and PMO Initiatives
Work with the OCM Program Director to oversee OCM scope on various CareFirst Corporate Initiatives. Responsibilities include:
• Oversee and at times (depending on program) develop OCM deliverables such as Change Management Strategy, Stakeholder Analysis, Communication Strategy, Communications Plan, Training Needs Analysis, Training Strategy, Change Impact Assessment, and Organizational Readiness Assessments
• Review and update (as needed) Communications Strategy and Communications Plan regularly to make sure all key stakeholders are identified and being communicated to
• Support the development and delivery of key executive level communications
• Oversee the OCM resources assigned to the program (external contractors or CF associate) and ensure they are properly utilized to meet the program’s OCM objectives
• Develop detailed workplans for OCM projects and corporate initiatives, ensuring OCM is delivered on time, with high quality and under budget.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development or equivalent experience is required. A minimum of 4+ years of relevant Project Management, Business Management and/or OCM work experience such as Strategic Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, Business Design / Analytics, Operational Change Measurement, Organizational Design, training programs (design / delivery, human capital) in a consulting environment; or equivalent internal organizational change management consulting experience at a large organization (5,000 or more employees) in support of organizational transformation.
• Proven track record of affecting change in medium – large organizations across a range of operational areas to ensure sustainable difference to business operational performance
• Management experience, including accountability for developing plans, and achieving clearly defined outcomes
• Demonstrated success developing strategies which address future organizational effectiveness and culture/engagement opportunities at the enterprise level
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, extensive presentation experience, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management including C level executives
• Proven ability to develop change management deliverables, such as: Communications Strategy, Stakeholder Engagement Plan, Business / Leadership Alignment, Organizational Change Strategy / plan, Communications plan, business process design, documentation, training needs assessment, training strategy, training plans, training collateral materials, and organizational readiness assessment
• Experience using standard organizational change management approaches, tools, and techniques for preparing the organization to adopt changes
• Deep experience using established Organizational Change Management techniques to effectively generate buy-in across a large span of stakeholders
• Strong Project Management skills as it pertains to manage the OCM activities and deliverables
• Strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills
• Ability to develop credibility and rapport with senior executives and manage those relations and expectations
• Highly self-motivated and successful at working in a flexible, constantly changing, and moderately structured work environment
• Good team player willing to participate in collaborative decision-making within and outside area of responsibility, and willing to coach others
• Demonstrates initiative, results orientation, and commitment to continuous improvement
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Information System, Communications Studies, Human Resources, Organizational Development or equivalent is required. Prior experience managing full Organizational Change Management (OCM) scope for the full lifecycle of a program. Prior Health Insurance Industry exposure, Prosci© OCM Certification, MBA and/or Master in Organizational Studies degrees are preferred but not necessary.
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Personnel Management Office – Program Management
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 5/10/2017