John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. Current opportunities both locally and internationally include:
Referred via Arlington Employment Center job board-
For other jobs visit: http://www.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobpostings.cfm
All jobs are online:
|Job #||Job Title||Salary|
|4110-17A-DHS-TT||ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE||$50,398.40 – $77,001.60 annually|
|1017-17B-POL-HQ||APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER||$73,694.40 – $112,632.00 annually|
|1017-17C-DHS-MB||APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER||$73,694.40 – $112,632.00 annually|
|9703-17A-CAO-HQ||ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY I||$71,572.80 – $109,345.60 annually|
|7108-17B-DPR-TT||ASSISTANT SENIOR TRAVEL COORDINATOR (PART-TIME/30 HOURS PER WEEK)||$22.37 – $34.18 hourly|
|8120-17A-DES-EM||ASSISTANT TRANSIT BUREAU CHIEF||$84,052.80 – $134,617.60 annually|
|6650-17A-DHS-EM||BUREAU CHIEF (HOUSING ASSISTANCE)||$88,025.60 – $145,184.00 annually|
|2982-17D-DES-DB||CHIEF BUILDING ENGINEER||$56,680.00 – $97,593.60 annually|
|1608-17A-DES-HQ||COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST II||$53,019.20 – $92,185.60 annually|
|8128-17A-DES-MB||COMMUTER SERVICES BUREAU CHIEF||$88,025.60 – $145,184.00 annually|
|1044-17A-DTS-MB||DATA ENGINEER||$60,964.80 – $119,849.60 annually|
|8604-17D-DES-MB||DESIGN ENGINEER (2 VACANCIES)||$55,660.80 – $110,614.40 annually|
|1104-17G-HRD-EM||EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT RELATIONS ANALYST||$55,660.80 – $110,614.40 annually|
|1083-17B-DHS-TT||EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (BILINGUAL)||$49,337.60 – $75,400.00 annually|
|7410-17A-DPR-EM||ENVIRONMENTAL OPERATIONS AND PLANNING PROGRAM MANAGER||$67,080.00 – $118,456.00 annually|
|3631-17A-DHS-EM||HOUSING PROGRAM MANAGER||$74,048.00 – $129,272.00 annually|
|2535-17B-DES-DB||HVAC MECHANIC II||$64,147.20 – $98,009.60 annually|
|7012-17G-LIB-HQ||LIBRARIAN, CATALOGING AND METADATA||$55,660.80 – $89,107.20 annually|
|4411-17F-DHS-EM||MANAGEMENT & BUDGET SPECIALIST||$53,019.20 – $105,996.80 annually|
|6322-17V-DHS-EM||MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II-ES PRN (3 vacancies)||$26.76 – $40.89 hourly|
|8122-17B-DES-MB||PARKING PROGRAM MANAGER||$81,099.20 – $123,843.20 annually|
|5315-17B-DES-MB||PERMIT PROCESSING SPECIALIST I, II, III (LIMITED TERM)||$38,525.60 – $69,992.00 annually|
|2682-17A-DES-DB||PLANT MACHINIST||$54,267.20 – $82,929.60 annually|
|2689-17A-DES-TT||PLANT MECHANICAL PLANNING SPECIALIST||$58,323.20 – $89,107.20 annually|
|5004-17B-POL-HQ||POLICE OFFICER||$48,006.40 – $81,078.40 annually|
|6114-17B-DHS-EM||PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (PACT)||$60,964.80 – $95,284.80 annually|
|1032-17F-POL-HQ||PUBLIC SAFETY IT PROJECT MANAGER||$63,627.20 – $97,198.40 annually|
|1506-17E-DHS-EM||REIMBURSEMENT MANAGER||$62,358.40 – $95,284.80 annually|
|3326-17E-AED-MB||SALESFORCE ADMINISTRATOR||$55,660.80 – $101,400.00 annually|
|6140-17B-DHS-MB||SCHOOL HEALTH BUREAU CHIEF||$88,025.60 – $145,184.00 annually|
|2982-17E-DES-DB||SHIFT SUPERVISOR (WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT)||$56,680.00 – $97,593.60 annually|
|9999-17G-DHS-EM||THERAPEUTIC RECREATION SPECIALIST (16 HOURS/WEEK)||See Position Description|
|7233-17E-DPR-EM||THERAPEUTIC RECREATION SUMMER CAMP STAFF||$7.25 – $18.78 hourly|
|8314-17C-DES-TT||TRAFFIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN||$49,337.60 – $75,400.00 annually|
|2002-17A-DES-MB||TRANSIT SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER||$72,425.60 – $110,614.40 annually|
|0207-17A-DES-DB||TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING & OPERATIONS BUREAU CHIEF||$98,155.20 – $184,246.40 annually|
|8125-17B-DES-MB||TRANSPORTATION PLANNING & CAPITAL PROJECTS MANAGEMENT BUREAU CHIEF||$95,014.40 – $163,592.00 annually|
|1506-17L-DES-DB||UTILITIES BILLING MANAGER (MANAGEMENT ANALYST)||$62,358.40 – $95,284.80 annually|
|2355-17A-DES-DB||WATER/SEWER/STREETS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR||$38,625.60 – $59,030.40 annually|
|2346-17C-DES-DB||WATER/SEWER/STREETS TECHNICIAN V||$42,307.20 – $64,646.40 annually|
|1101-17C-DES-MB||WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING SPECIALIST||$53,019.20 – $105,996.80 annually|
Operations Research Analyst III supports the Joint Staff J8 Battlespace Awareness Functional Capability Board (FCB) by performing the following duties:
Applies mastery level skill in advanced analytical, mathematical, or statistical techniques related to statistical analysis, parametric and non-parametric analysis, computer modeling, simulation, decision theory, mathematical programming, regression analysis, and economic analysis. Serves as a senior analyst in an analysis cell responsible for developing analytical models and methods. Advises other operations research analysts, scientists, or engineers on techniques best suited for analyzing their problems.
Location: Pentagon/ Clearance: TS/SCI/ Salary: $124k – $127k
Administrative Support Specialist to work with Analytical team on the Joint Capabilities Development (JCD) Functional Capability board on a Joint Staff, J8 contract at the Pentagon.
INCUMBENT ON MILITARY LEAVE – NEED TEMPORARY BACKFILL THROUGH END OF SEPTEMBER AT A MINIMUM – POSSIBLY LONGER!
Duties include: Leverages the efforts of other members of an analysis team, provides a broad spectrum of analysis support services. Services include supporting acquisition, conversion, and entry of data for models and analyses; output data reduction and formatting for presentation or inclusion in documentation; data management; facilitation of collaborative activities; and provision of expertise in data reduction techniques and tools.
Ideal candidate will be able to work well with senior military members and government employees with complete professionalism. Must be articulate, have excellent attention to detail, exceptional writing skills and be technically savvy
Location: Pentagon/ Clearance Required: TS/SCI/ Salary: $76,000/year
Systems Engineer II
This position resides within the Joint Requirements Assessment Division (JRAD). JRAD’s primary role is to provide review of requirements documents and analysis support of various topics within the Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS). JRAD will work in concert with the Deputy Directors supporting JS J8, the Functional Capability Boards (FCBs), and the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (OSD CAPE) to evaluate joint programs within the context of capability gaps, capability portfolios, campaign plans, operational plans, military risk, cost, schedule, and performance objectives. When capacity allows, the JRAD will also provide analysis support to specific FCBs on a case-by-case basis.
Location: Pentagon/ Clearance: TS/SCI/ Salary: $118k – $121k
Production Assistant, Segment Unit
PBS NewsHour is seeking a passionate Production Assistant who’s responsible for providing a diverse range of writing, research, editing, production, and tracking services to support the work of the PBS NewsHour. You will prepare news material and news feeds for compilation and produce compilations exercising independent judgment. Other tasks include researching and fulfilling video requests for PBS NewsHour producers, acquiring footage and creating footage, and assisting in covering breaking news and in writing for broadcast news summary. College degree in journalism, communications, political science, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Introductory experience with broadcast and online journalism, including writing, editing, and shooting preferred. Experience with nonlinear editing programs is desirable.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law
Job Title: Lead Mainframe Systems Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDII
Job ID #: 9845
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: The position is under the direction of the Manager of Mainframe Systems. The incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Mainframe Infrastructure Subject Area Expert
This position’s primary responsibility is design, support, availability, performance and security of the CareFirst Mainframe infrastructure including:
- Design and configure systems that meet or exceed SLA for availability.
- Install, maintain and support the z/OS Mainframe Operating System and / or any other assigned system software. Monitor and tune to ensure acceptable levels of performance and resource utilization. Ensure software is utilizing all appropriate functions and features. Provide timely and accurate reporting on performance, utilization and feature use as requested.
- Maintain expert level knowledge in several of the following support areas:
o z/OS Operating System
o zSeries Hardware Knowledge
o IBM and EMC Enterprise Storage Systems
o DB2 Database and DB2 Database tools: Optim, Recovery Expert, DB2 Utility Suite, DB2 Administrative Tool, BMC DB2 Tool Suite
o CICS Transaction Server and z/OS Unix for CICS webservice infrastructure
o WebSphere MQ
o ASG’s TMON performance management Product suite
o Computer Associates(CA) Mainframe toolsets including CA1, CA7, TPX Easytrieve, OPS/MVS, Vantage
o Compuware’s Development Tools and Performance management tools
o SAS database reporting tool
o Assembler required to support z/OS, CICS and WebSphere MQ exits
o InfoPrint Server
- Ability to install and/or patch software with SMP/E
- Fluent in TSO, ISPF, JCL and JES2
- Knowledgeable in the Mainframe Security product Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)
- Ability to respond accurately and quickly to Audit Requests such as Service Organization Controls (SOC 1 and SOC 2) Audits and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Audits
- Provide 24×7 on call support for all Mainframe infrastructure and systems software. Use available resources to research, resolve and/or recommend solutions for complex and critical systems.
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery Strategy between primary Data Center and Disaster Recovery Site.
- Adhere to standard Service Level Agreements (SLA) for day-to-day support. Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Exhibit professionalism when working with and communicating with our customers and vendors.
- Act as an interface to members of the IT infrastructure team, keeping management and peers informed, and disseminating information as needed. Utilize strong troubleshooting capabilities to diagnose and resolve problems, and escalate to next level support as necessary.
- Work independently and cross functionally with others to resolve problems.
Process and Technical Improvements and Automation
- Implement process and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation enhancing and standardizing the support of the Mainframe infrastructure.
- Ensure all work complies with established policies, standards, licensing agreements and configuration guidelines.
- Understand and apply new technical skills through a combination of research, instructor lead training and self-training.
- Investigate alternative methods to improve infrastructure or reduce cost.
- Effectively lead complex technical projects to implement major releases or create new environments as necessary.
- Properly follow a project life cycle
- Develop project plans
- Complete all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain completion within the established timeframes without impact
- Provide input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company
- Complete project work within budget constraints, if they exist
- Stay current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members and other technical areas.
- Assist management and provide input to performance plans and reviews.
- Actively train new associates and contractors on CareFirst technologies and operating procedures
- Develop, update and maintain documentation including operation manuals, inventories and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Develop documentation that can be executed by junior team members
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science and 7-10 years of experience as a Senior Systems Engineer. Equivalent experience supporting complex and critical IT environments will be evaluated in lieu of these requirements, where applicable.
Specialized skills (Hardware and software):
- Expert level knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting IBM Mainframe z13 and z114 hardware
- Expert level knowledge managing and troubleshooting IBM Mainframe operating systems z/OS Version 2
- Experience managing and troubleshooting EMC and IBM Storage Systems
- Experience with multiple IBM Mainframe and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) software: DB2, WebSphere MQ, CICS, COBOL, IMS, ASG TMON Suite, DB2 tools, CA products, Compuware products and SAS
- Experience with performance management tool: Strobe or iStrobe
- Experience with the installation and patch management tool SMP/E
- Fluent is TSO, ISPF, JCL, JES2 and RACF
- Experience with planning and executing a Disaster Recovery exercise
- Experience with VTAM – TCP/IP networking protocols on multiple lpars
- Experience with large networks supporting several trading partners
- Experience with SSH, SFTP, FTPS and Connect:Direct file transfer protocols
- Experience with mainframe printing using IBM’s InfoPrint Server products
– Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills in order to effectively analyze broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain the desired results
– Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, develop¬ing and delivering IT centric projects using, where appropriate, leading-edge technologies
– Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in an organized, methodical manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
This position will require twenty four by seven support responsibilities. Incumbents may need to travel among CareFirst’s corporate locations.
Department: System Software Staff
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 6/5/2017
Job Title: Functional Test Manager, Federal Employee Program
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDC
Job ID #: 9799
Under the direct supervision of the QAT Director, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage departmental resources and assignments for Operations Center testing; provide guidance, training, support and leadership to assigned staff consistent with CareFirst HR policies, in order to ensure a competent and effective workforce with the necessary skills to accomplish departmental goals.
- Responsible for researching, developing and implementing testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects.
- Mentor and coach less senior team members in developing and advancing their business knowledge, understanding product benefits, corporate policies, goals and department and division procedures.
- Mentor and coach the team on any new Quality practices and ensure we develop the skill sets required for the target state testing framework
- Participate in training activities by providing technical guidance and support, which includes the development of training material and testing methodology.
- Maintain technical knowledge through Computer Base Training (CBT), corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research, etc
- Develop the strategic planning for FEP testing and quality assurance practices and manages the preparation and execution of tactical plans; ensure the utilization of project management and quality assurance in the execution of plans.
- Working with the test Leads and SMEs, responsible for analyzing requirements, specifications and change requests to produce realistic test plans without compromising on Quality and schedule.
- Ensure efficient and timely execution of all test plans
- Define automation needs and, working with automation team, implement automation as early as possible in the testing cycle
- Ensure the tools used for testing are in line with corporate strategy and create plans for transformation and implementation as applicable
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiency of the team
- Ensures that quality methods and procedures are executed. Ensures that products, applications, and systems are in compliance with established quality standards, and meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage the development of division testing documentation, policies and procedures; ensure that capabilities developed or purchased during any project are carried over to successive projects and that new IT capabilities integrate with existing capabilities. Design and manage testing automation and regression testing suites.
- Review and perform impact assessment on Change Management Records (CMRs) or Care First Information Technology Tracking System (CITTs) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
- Monitor defects to determine rootcause and identify opportunities to capture them as early in lifecycle as possible to prevent future leakages
- Track tools based issues within the test management and automation tools and make recommendations for enhancements
- Provides expertise in knowing all platforms, environments, tools, and data for the test environments; identifies and coordinates cross functional problem resolution activities; identifies and coordinates intra/inter-project test environment dependencies; coordinates schedules and timelines between the different project phases; provide support and coordination for technical testing plan.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers to research, analyze and propose solutions to technical, operational and test scenarios.
- Initiate, participate and facilitate project work groups (internal and external peer reviews, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.). Communicate weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report.
- Works with Systems and Application Architecture to anticipate and plan future test environment configuration changes; coordinate technical and architectural support requirements; and coordinates the different releases, patches and emergency fixes of existing software and custom development into the test environments.
- Keep abreast of current testing and quality assurance technology through research and self-training. Provide potential technology use and enhancements to the enterprise as architecture and integration technology changes occur in the industry.