Cook – Ginger (MGM National Harbor)
It is the responsibility of the Cook to execute recipes, perform general production, and operate a specific station with others or individually, while ensuring preparation and service is of the highest possible quality in a timely manner. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures including health sanitation and safety policies.
Essential Functions and Tasks
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for effective operation of the department
- Communicates effectively with management and co-workers with regards to the operations of the kitchen.
- Prepares all menu items and follows recipes precisely, including conversion capabilities, and understands mis en place.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Transports supplies from the storeroom and stocks in designated areas.
- Starts prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Ensures all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Assists Assistant Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef and other co-workers in menu preparation, service, and breakdown of function.
- Meets with Assistant Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef and other co-workers to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes, and other information pertinent to job performance.
- Completes opening duties such as setting up work station with required place, tools, equipment and supplies; inspecting the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies; checking production schedule and pars; establishing priority items for the day; and informing the Assistant Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef or other co-workers of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day’s tasks.
- Continues prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
- Identifies and safely uses all kitchen equipment.
- Properly labels and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Utilizes proper food handling techniques following health and safety standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Cooking experience, in a steakhouse or specialty dining restaurant.
- Previous experience working in a similar hotel, resort, or restaurant setting.
- Bilingual abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Food Handler’s Card