Arlington Employment Center is Hiring!
- The Arlington Employment Center (AEC) in the Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking to fill an Employment Services Specialist position. The AEC is the comprehensive One-Stop Center in Arlington County that provides a comprehensive array of employment services to residents to enable them to remove barriers to employment, define and pursue career goals, obtain training, and secure appropriate employment. The population served by the AEC is educationally, culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse.
For more information on the AEC, please click here.
- Assessing client education, skills, and abilities to create an employment plan;
- Assisting clients in their development of long and short term career objectives and assessing progress toward these goals;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group trainings on résumé creation, job searching, and employment interview preparation;
- Participating in AEC-sponsored job fairs;
- Providing information on vocational trainings, educational and employment programs, and other service partners such as the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC); and
- Maintaining case documentation in State and County databases.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with a high number of clients.
- Selection Criteria
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Sociology, Human Resources, Human Services, Education, Public/Business Administration or a related field plus two years of experience in human resources, career counseling and/or job development.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Special Requirements
- An assessment of oral Spanish proficiency will be required before a candidate can be appointed to the bilingual position. The incumbent in the position will receive the language pay premium on all hours worked and on paid leave hours.
For full description and details, please see link here: EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (BILINGUAL)