Job Title: Functional Test Manager, Federal Employee Program
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDC
Job ID #: 9799
Under the direct supervision of the QAT Director, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage departmental resources and assignments for Operations Center testing; provide guidance, training, support and leadership to assigned staff consistent with CareFirst HR policies, in order to ensure a competent and effective workforce with the necessary skills to accomplish departmental goals.
- Responsible for researching, developing and implementing testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects.
- Mentor and coach less senior team members in developing and advancing their business knowledge, understanding product benefits, corporate policies, goals and department and division procedures.
- Mentor and coach the team on any new Quality practices and ensure we develop the skill sets required for the target state testing framework
- Participate in training activities by providing technical guidance and support, which includes the development of training material and testing methodology.
- Maintain technical knowledge through Computer Base Training (CBT), corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research, etc
- Develop the strategic planning for FEP testing and quality assurance practices and manages the preparation and execution of tactical plans; ensure the utilization of project management and quality assurance in the execution of plans.
- Working with the test Leads and SMEs, responsible for analyzing requirements, specifications and change requests to produce realistic test plans without compromising on Quality and schedule.
- Ensure efficient and timely execution of all test plans
- Define automation needs and, working with automation team, implement automation as early as possible in the testing cycle
- Ensure the tools used for testing are in line with corporate strategy and create plans for transformation and implementation as applicable
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiency of the team
- Ensures that quality methods and procedures are executed. Ensures that products, applications, and systems are in compliance with established quality standards, and meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage the development of division testing documentation, policies and procedures; ensure that capabilities developed or purchased during any project are carried over to successive projects and that new IT capabilities integrate with existing capabilities. Design and manage testing automation and regression testing suites.
- Review and perform impact assessment on Change Management Records (CMRs) or Care First Information Technology Tracking System (CITTs) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
- Monitor defects to determine rootcause and identify opportunities to capture them as early in lifecycle as possible to prevent future leakages
- Track tools based issues within the test management and automation tools and make recommendations for enhancements
- Provides expertise in knowing all platforms, environments, tools, and data for the test environments; identifies and coordinates cross functional problem resolution activities; identifies and coordinates intra/inter-project test environment dependencies; coordinates schedules and timelines between the different project phases; provide support and coordination for technical testing plan.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers to research, analyze and propose solutions to technical, operational and test scenarios.
- Initiate, participate and facilitate project work groups (internal and external peer reviews, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.). Communicate weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report.
- Works with Systems and Application Architecture to anticipate and plan future test environment configuration changes; coordinate technical and architectural support requirements; and coordinates the different releases, patches and emergency fixes of existing software and custom development into the test environments.
- Keep abreast of current testing and quality assurance technology through research and self-training. Provide potential technology use and enhancements to the enterprise as architecture and integration technology changes occur in the industry.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.)
- A minimum of 7 to 10+ years of hands-on manual and automated software testing experience in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models (Waterfall, Agile, Incremental)
- A minimum 3 years of experience managing multiple projects in complex environments
- Experience in test, requirement and defect management process, producing Analysis reports, traceability metrics, readiness checklists and status reports
- Strong knowledge of test automation
- Introduction, implementation and management of new test frameworks and practices
- End-to-end experience on software test planning and execution
- Experience with test management and automation tools (HP family of products preferred)
- Experience with Agile framework and testing approach in Agile teams
- Ability to develop and derive requirements, and translate customer requirements into test plans
- Successful track record of estimation and delivery of projects on time
- Ability to effectively implement change in the testing team and process
- High level of self-motivation, and passion for testing
- Strong communication skills (oral/verbal, written, and presentation)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills and understanding of architecture as applied to test design
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication
- Strong project Management experience in large scale system deployments
- Excellent leadership skills to lead and transform testing teams
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Demonstrate self-initiative and work well independently, as well as a contributing member of a team
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must be a team player, use professional judgment, and support organizational and departmental goals
- Must be able to effectively lead and mentor staff
- Must be able to effectively manage a departmental budget
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communications skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving ability to engage in continuous learning
- Knowledge of HP ALM/AGM/UFT
- Knowledge of Gherkin/Cucumber or similar Agile tools
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and similar Agile practices
- Familiarity with Web, Java, SQL, MQ and similar technologies
- Knowledge of both Front and Back-end testing
- Experience in Healthcare
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear.
Department: eSolutions and Enrollment Quality
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 5/16/2017