US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS) HIRING EVENT
Northern Virginia District Locations
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
9:30am & 11:30am Application Sessions*
- *Need to attend only one session, approximately 1.5 hours long; space is limited and must arrive prior to session
- Learn about the jobs and get assistance completing online application.
- REQUIRED: Bring digital access to resume/ access to information to complete application
- Space is limited and is on a first come-first serve basis.
City Carrier Associate (CCA) $16.06 Hr: Deliver mail by vehicle or foot, under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional public relations with customers, requiring familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography. Postal Exam 473 required.
Assistant Rural Carrier (ARC) $17.40 Hr.: Written Exam is not required for the ARC position.
- Scheduled Days: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays observed by the USPS on an as needed basis.
- During the onboarding period, ARC’s must be available for required training on weekdays.
- Driving Requirements, pre-employment drug screening, citizen information and Physical requirements are the same for ARC’s that is listed below.
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) $17.40 Hr.: Deliver mail by vehicle or foot, under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional public relations with customers, requiring familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography. Postal Exam 473 required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR RCA’S
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or citizen of territory owing allegiance to U.S.
- Able to work Saturdays, Weekdays as needed. MAY INCLUDE SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS.
- Driving Requirement: must have a valid state driver’s license, safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience.
- Written Exams required (varying by position)
- Fulfill any physical requirements; maintain standards of service, dress code, etc.
If unable to attend this event, please visit our website at usps.com/careers to apply and learn more about the exciting opportunities.
- Click on, create an account or log in to your account
- Click on search our latest job openings
- Search openings in Virginia
For questions or assistance please contact Local Services at (703)698-6345
For full job descriptions, visit www.usps.com ; click on Careers link at bottom of the home page, search openings by Virginia and job titles.
**Please bring information to complete online application- Space is limited and on a first come-first serve basis**