The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans, including brand management, for the nation’s 10th largest limousine and shuttle company with 13 market segments and several affiliated lines of business. The Marketing Manager also is responsible for overseeing the company’s marketing budget as well as supervising staff, freelance contractors and third-party vendors. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the COO and coordinates a weekly meeting with the executive team on the performance of all marketing campaigns and strategies, including assessments on key performance metrics.
Digital Strategies: Maintain WordPress website and all social media outlets to ensure content is timely, accurate and engaging to attract and convert our target groups; manage earned and paid electronic campaigns conducted internally and by third-party vendors; expand and develop digital strategies to trending and new platforms; oversee creation of weekly e-newsletter that promotes the company as the go-to transportation resource for all lifestyle events and activities.
Brand Management: Monitor online brand reputation and coordinate with appropriate departments to issue effective responses; evaluate potential awards and complete nomination submissions; prognosticate and assess opportunities for expanding brand awareness in the community.
Public Relations: Create and distribute press releases to local and national media, including trade publications; conduct outreach with traditional and new media organizations; assist executive team in preparing for media interviews; develop and maintain professional contacts with media representatives to promote company activities; assist with coordination of media visits/tours and crisis communication incidents.
Advertising: Analyze potential multimedia advertising opportunities; oversee and create of all print and electronic advertising and by freelance contractors; maintain digital archive of ad placements.
Collateral/Promotional Materials: Manage creation and inventory of all collateral and promotional materials; stay abreast of new, innovative products that would in line with current marketing strategies; maintain digital assets including in-house photo and video inventory.
Business Development/Lead Generation: Evaluate and manage trade proposals for brand awareness and/or revenue-generating potential; oversee and execute company’s representation in business, bridal, trade and other shows; coordinate online/print marketing campaigns and assess performance.
Community Relations: Build strategic partner relationships with corporations and organizations that bring in business and/or build on our brand; assess trade, donation, sponsorship and partnership requests for potential to promote the brand; ensure all trade/sponsorship/partnership agreement benefits are fulfilled.
Internal Communications: Maintain effective communications to ensure that all relevant departments are kept informed of marketing and company objectives through weekly e-newsletter and other electronic/print outlets.
- Degree in marketing or a related field
- 3-5 years management experience
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Digital marketing skills including online content marketing experience and social media development strategies
- Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact or similar programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with sometimes unpredictable hours including evenings and weekends
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite tools, particularly Word, Excel and Publisher
- Experience with SEO copywriting, PPC campaigns, and digital analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience creating and executing paid social media campaigns
This position is Full Time based in our Sterling, VA office, Monday through Friday.
Benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance, AFLAC, STD/LTD and 401k with company match.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.