Job Title: Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDII
Job ID #: 9618
Under the supervision of a UX/UI manager, the selected candidate will intern as a team member working with UX/UI design and UI development. This position will provide the opportunity to learn and experience best practices and technologies on UX process, UI design and development. The selectee will work closely with experienced UX/UI team, and will primarily focus on one or more projects which will benefit both the selectee and the CareFirst organization.
- Candidate will learn and gain familiarity with UX/UI best practices applied to the projects
- Candidate will gain familiarity with the CareFirst organization and business
- Major in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors in Information Design, Human Centered Design, Information technology, Industrial Design or related major.
- Experience and interest in UX/UI design and UI development
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Axure, Invision, UXPin, InDesign, Just in mind, Sketch, PowerPoint or other.
- Experience design or build web application and mobile apps.
- Positive attitude, self-starter mentality, and ability to be a team player.
CareFirst runs a year round internship program. The ideal/preferred candidate should be able to work throughout the academic year: Fall 12-20 hours/week and Spring up 12-20 hours/week and up to 40 hours during the summer.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All intern positions will be paid hourly.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 4/20/2017