EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
Arlington Employment Center/ Arlington County
- Salary $49,337.60 – $75,400.00 Annually
- Full-Time – Department of Human Services
- Job Number 1083-17A-DHS-TT Closing: 4/20/2017 11:59 PM
FULL DESCRIPTION and TO APPLY: Employment Services Specialist
- The Arlington Employment Center (AEC) in the Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking to fill an Employment Services Specialist position. The AEC is the comprehensive One-Stop Center in Arlington County that provides a comprehensive array of employment services to residents to enable them to remove barriers to employment, define and pursue career goals, obtain training, and secure appropriate employment. The population served by the AEC is educationally, culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse.
For more information on the AEC, please click here.Duties include:
- Assessing client education, skills, and abilities to create an employment plan;
- Assisting clients in their development of long and short term career objectives and assessing progress toward these goals;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group trainings on résumé creation, job searching, and employment interview preparation;
- Participating in AEC-sponsored job fairs;
- Providing information on vocational trainings, educational and employment programs, and other service partners such as the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC); and
- Maintaining case documentation in State and County databases.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with a high number of clients.
- Selection Criteria
- -Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Sociology, Human Resources, Human Services, Education, Public/Business Administration or a related field plus two years of experience in human resources, career counseling and/or job development.
-Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
-Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Working in a publicly funded workforce development environment;
- Employment case management, including maintenance of documentation to meet governmental requirements for State or Federal program eligibility;
- Designing and facilitating employment workshops;
- Creating and delivering presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Special Requirements: This position will require occasional travel to businesses, partner locations, job fairs and events throughout the metropolitan area. Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator’s license from the applicant’s place of residence, or be willing to use alternative means of transportation.
- Additional Information: Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional work may be required for special events in the evening and on weekends.
- Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give “see resume” as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Full Application: Employment Services Specialist