Office of the Treasurer
Arlington County , Virginia
The Arlington County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Treasury Program Supervisor II – Billing and Special Programs Coordinator
Full-time position in the Operations Division of the Treasurer’s Office. The employee performs highly responsible administrative support duties and supervises billing and other special programs in the Operations Division.
Major duties Include:
- Coordinates main tax billing processes and reconciliation.
- Serves as the main point-of-contact with print vendors and the U.S. Postal Service.
- Prepares technical requirements to tax system developers on enhancements or fixes as they pertain to billing or other special programs.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to staff on difficult or unusual tax system problems.
- Coordinates the implementation of new software, processes, or programs for the Division.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and annual Division reports to management, the Treasurer, and other County Agencies.
- Provides data analysis.
- Creates and maintains training documentation and trains staff on new or updated processes.
Other duties may include:
- Providing in-person, over-the-phone, or written customer service to Arlington taxpayers.
- Acting as section team leader by scheduling, coordinating, and assigning work to employees.
- Assisting management with other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly developed analytical skill set, with the ability to understand complex processes from start to finish, and either anticipate problems/propose solutions or offer recommendations for improvement.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, especially MS Excel.
- The ability to provide technical assistance to staff and customers on difficult or unusual system problems.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus three years of administrative support experience.
- Experience working directly with the public and explaining policies and regulations to customers, preferably in a setting similar to that of the Treasurer’s Office.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Please send completed application and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; use subject line “Treasury Program Supervisor II.” Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. County Application 10-2015
The examination for this position may include one or more of the following: (1) evaluation of training and experience; (2) written and oral examination; (3) performance test; (4) personal interview; and (5) physical examination.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation during the selection process. Please call 703-228-0591 (voice) or 703-228-4613 (TTY).
Competitive benefits and salary commensurate with education and experience. Salary range $48,110.40-$73,486.40.
For immediate hire; closing date April 11, 2017. Open until filled. Intake of applications on-going. Interviews scheduled on-going. Not everyone who applies will receive an interview.