AEEC is seeking Summer Interns to support our Innovation Lab in our Alexandria, VA. AEEC is dedicated to providing you with an internship opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the IT industry.
We set the bar high – we are looking for interns that are strong academically, can bring results, and are committed to exceeding expectations. Candidates should have an interest in and have familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies as well as new and emerging technologies, including:
- Cloud Computing / Software Development
- Big Data and Analytics
- Open Data
- Security Engineering
- Networking and Virtualization
Citizenship and clearance: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering, or other related IT discipline
- Capacity to work in a fast-pace software delivery environment
- Capability to maintain focus and develop proficiently in new skills rapidly
- Demonstrated proficiency with use of a desktop computer, and the full suite of electronic office product applications
- Facility to be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts/techniques and apply knowledge
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly
- Knowledge of emerging technologies favorable
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19113082
AEEC is a professional services organization with a proven track record of providing IT, Engineering, Environmental, and Project Management services to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides customers with highly trained, professional resources while building long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC’s environmental expertise, developed over the last 15 years, has been refined to include green practices and technologies. With our IT capabilities, we are able to leverage AEEC green solutions across the entirety of an organization. AEEC is a minority, woman-owned business and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.