Join Our Team- Employment Enterprises
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial and payroll departments by managing daily, weekly and monthly tasks. You will be part of the finance and payroll teams working to maintain the company’s finances. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, have strong communications skills, is willing to learn, and is detail oriented.
- Enter vendor invoices into the Dynamics SL Accounts Payable system in a timely manner, ensuring proper authorization, support, and general ledger coding.
- Enter into the Dynamics SL Accounts Payable system the appropriate Virginia sales tax on vendor invoices for tangible property where the vender has not charged it and provide this amount to the Tax Department by the 10th of each month.
- Maintain 1099 information on vendors and prepare yearly 1099’s for mailing.
- Promptly respond to vendor and employee inquiries of accounts payable.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files.
- Process payroll: Import timesheets into software, review documents for discrepancies and errors, process paychecks, direct deposit, invoices and reports.
- Responsible for all wage attachments: Including adding to the employee setup, track all activity, completing responses for all wage attachment requests.
- Responsible for special billing processed outside of Avionte.
- Processing customer credit cards, debits and NSFs.
- Cash receipt posting and reconciling
- Account reconciliation
- Audit support
- Back up to others in the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Some accounting experience is beneficial, but not required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with senior management effectively
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
TO APPLY: email your resume outlining experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ARL Jr Accountant