Job Title: HR Business Partner
Location: Washington, DC
Job ID #: 9637
Join our progressive CareFirst Human Resources Team!
Utilizing Human Resources best practices, as an HR Business Partner you will serve as a key management and strategic advisor, consulting with clients on a broad range of Human Resources topics, while managing all aspects of the client and associate relationship.
As the primary link between the business organization and human resources, you will build strong relationships with client groups based on trust and mutual respect. Those relationships will help you provide tactical, day-to-day Human Resources related support and services to management and associates, as well as provide situational analysis and expertise to help drive systemic improvements throughout the organization.
At CareFirst, our HR Business Partners serve a client base of over 500 associates and are responsible for the leadership, oversight, roll-out, consistent application and direction of all aspects of the organization’s HR disciplines. This includes recruitment and retention, talent and succession management, training and organizational development, career development, health and wellness, benefits, diversity, affirmative action, HRIS, compensation, FMLA/ADA/Disability management, corrective action, performance planning and assessments, annual merit and incentive programs, compliance, strategic planning, policy/procedure interpretation and application.
Qualifications for this position are:
- 8 – 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience and at least 5 years in an Human Resources management or leadership position. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong business acumen and Human Resources leadership experience with a proven track record of functioning as a strategic business consultant with proven ability to influence and interact with business leaders and management staff at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in human resources management; employee relations administration; problem solving; human resources policy interpretation and compliance; communicating effectively with management and associates; researching human resources issues; and designing or managing human resources programs.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of employment law and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office products.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Preferred: Advanced degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field.
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Department: DC Associate Relations
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 4/6/2017