Job Title: Senior Test Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDB
Job ID #: 9643
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in creating, coding and keying accurate and thorough test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
- Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through classroom training, testing workshops, reading, and research, etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing business and system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
- Assists and coordinates with customers to resolve issues. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer requests and obtain information to create test data.
- Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
- Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or Care First Information Technology Tacking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline (or equivalent at 2 years’ experience per year of college)
- Eight to 10 years of experience in functional analysis, and verification and validation
- Experience creating test plans, test cases and test scenarios from scratch
- Experience mapping requirements to test requirements, test plans and test cases
- Experience with at least 2 relational database management system (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with at least 2 defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Team Track) and 1 test management tool (e.g., TestManager, TestDirector/Quality Center)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Automation scripting experience
- Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
- Understanding of the configuration management (CM) processes
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Desire to learn and grow
- Ability to create, maintain and run database queries
- Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate must be a team player, use professional judgement, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
- Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Should be well organized and detail oriented as well
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Release Quality Assurance
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 4/7/2017