Jr Technical Developer
Job Purpose: The ideal candidate will be responsible for procuring, modifying, deploying, and sustaining the systems, subsystems, components or devices, which includes IT systems required to ensure mission success.
Job Duties Include: Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work with customers to understand their business processes and requirements.
- Support the design and creation of technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform technical and functional design and development.
- Apply conflict resolution skills to issues that arise during development.
- Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Communicate project and development status to key stakeholders throughout entire development process.
- Use best practices to test and deploy changes from development to test, staging and production environments.
- Conduct product development activities in support of application enhancements and system problems (e.g. writing PeopleCode, building or altering PeopleSoft objects, creating/modifying component interfaces, modification and development of application engines, writing DMS and/or SQL statements, creating SQRs etc.).
- Prepare detailed technical design documentation.
- Conduct technical design walkthroughs.
- Perform peer reviews on other developer code.
- Analyze the impact of vendor provided updates and upgrades to the system and programming solutions using the PeopleSoft PeopleTools suite.
- Perform software code development; COTS software configuration; Integration; Data modeling and data migration, Testing and test support; Implementation/Deployment.
- Write well-documented code in compliance with established coding standards.
- Explain technical implementations to end-users, business customers, management and other developers, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently and make actionable recommendations to managers, directors, and senior-level stakeholders based on technical expertise
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Skills/Qualifications: Application development skills in multiple object oriented development languages. Proficiency in SQL and RDBMS (Oracle preferred). Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. Preferred Skills: PeopleTools Suite, PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Objects, and Federal HR processing experience.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Apply for Junior Project Analyst using the link below:
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer