Job Title: Account Manager II
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDSMB
Job ID #: 9474
Join CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, the largest health insurer in the Mid-Atlantic region!
As an Account Manager II in our Large Group Business Unit you will assist the Sales Account Management Team in the retention of 200+ national and local accounts in an extremely competitive environment. You’ll act as the primary day to day contact for group administrators/human resources staff, consultants and brokers ensuring they are provided the service and information they need. You will have the opportunity to build relationships, be customer facing and use your consultative skills.
You will have accountability for management of the overall installation and implementation of 200+ new CareFirst, CareFirst Administrators, NCAS and National Alliance business. This includes pre-sale evaluation of prospects related to system, benefit and other operational requirements and post-sale coordination and management of internal and external functions to achieve a successful implementation. You will use your project management skills to ensure these installations and implementations are seamless to the customer.
- To be qualified for this position you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the health insurance/managed care industries
- A minimum of 3 years of sales support or equivalent experience.
- A thorough knowledge of large group products and an understanding of the NASCO and Facets and claims systems, as well as
- Knowledge of national account health delivery requirements
- Prior experience in handling large scale projects
- The ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities at the same time.
- Effective interpersonal, relationship building and customer service skills
- Negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Strong PC skills
- The ability to manage in a fast paced changing environment
- A current health and life license for the appropriate jurisdiction(s) is required or must obtain a license within 90 days of hire.
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: State & Municipal Accounts
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/30/2017
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship