Position: Senior Accountant
Department: Financial Accounting and Reporting Location: Arlington, VA
The Senior Accountant is responsible for analyzing revenue and expenses to ensure they are recorded properly according to GAAP, preparing monthly account reconciliations; prepare various schedules for Property, Equipment Leases and Facility Leases. They will assist with Annual Audits, Tax audits, Assist with preparations of the Board of Director Operating Margin Reports, assist with Cash Flow Statement, formulate Finance budget for each upcoming year.
- Perform accounting activities including preparing journal entries, month-end accruals, month-end closing entries, allocations, account reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements.
- Create and maintain schedules required to track Lease payments for property, equipment and Rent for all facilities; recognition of Prepaid/ deferred Expenses and Accruals.
- Prepare Expense and Revenue accruals for various departmental and divisional lines and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from various internal business partners and external customers or institutions. Provide continuous support for both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that our three Financial systems (Forecaster/FRX/GP) are in sync and reconciled with our actual, forecast, and budget data and file uploads. Ensure our allocations and roll up structures are current and updated and assist with the annual budget
- Support audit activities (internal, Tax, business) by preparing various PBC’s and disclosure notes as well as the Cash Flow Statement.
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience of strong accounting experience
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of personal computer software applications that are used to create or maintain databases, design spreadsheets and create reports and documents
- Solid data analysis skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter; Strong organizational and time management skills and proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity
- Proficient with accounting applications and software.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel industry with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. In 2013, ARC settled $86 billion worth of carrier ticket transactions for more than 9,400 travel agencies with 15,000 points of sale. By providing world-class business services and products, ARC enables participating agencies and 191 carriers to focus on what’s important – increasing their revenue.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.