Job Title: Sr Business Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDB
Job ID #: 9570
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Investigate and analyze feasibility of low to moderately complex enhancements, automations and processes. Analyze, define and interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating the Business area(s) and user(s) technical (functional/non-functional) requirements. Participates in the creation of complex PRD (Project Requirements Document) which includes defining Business, User, functional and non-functional requirements needed for approval by Business and for use by Design, Development and Testing teams. Participates in creation of Requirements Management Plan (RMP) for complex projects and may create RMP for less complex projects, to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities. Participates in requirements analysis and verification sessions for complex projects and may lead requirements analysis and verification sessions for less complex projects. Participates in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution for complex projects. Maintain communications with technical counterparts to adopt best practices and ensure integration of specific application architecture into overall enterprise technology strategy.
Lead testing efforts by defining, developing and implementing practices and procedures for complete end user test plans. Ensures all user acceptance tests are conducted and documented according to standards. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions. Responsible for overall success of user acceptance testing, including results verification and release. Coordinates groups of end users who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications and identify issues in software or services. Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting fixes and enhancements. Providing guidance and training to application end users. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process. Participates in the management of the sequencing of releases to meet business needs for less complex enhancements, automations and implementations. May lead sequencing of releases for less complex enhancements, automations and implementations.
Troubleshoot systems problems identify cause of problems, work with appropriate group to correct problem. Develop solutions that for low to moderately complex technical and/or business issues. Proactively identifies opportunities and enhancements. Leads development sessions and design reviews in order to ensure design meets user requirements.
Participates in the exploration of alternative business solutions for moderately complex processes, programs or applications, and may lead exploration of alternative business solutions for less complex processes, programs or applications to crate, maintain and enhance business value. Works closely with system analysts to help create Proof Of Concepts (POCs) and alternative.
Reviews, edits, analyze and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs. Responsible for writing all documentation in clear and well organized manner. Develops key project deliverables including requirements specifications, use cases, system test cases, training and documentation and user manuals for projects of for low to moderately complex. Supports the production of Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTM) and RTM gap analysis reports for complex enhancements, automations and implementations. May produce RTM and RTM gap analysis reports for less complex enhancements, automations and implementations.
Use project management techniques to establish roles and responsibilities, monitor project and request status and workload, and ensure deliverables of high quality, effectiveness and timeliness. Manages assigned enhancements, automations and implementations from concept through implementation. Creates, develops and maintains project schedules for key deliverables by developing project plan, monitoring milestone completion and coordinating project progress. May lead for less complex enhancements, automations and implementations.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 3-6 years of direct Business Analyst experience.
- Experience in business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, User acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
- Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
- Strong experience with testing concepts.
- Technical writing experience and training experience.
- Prior experience leading business/technology enhancements, automations and implementations.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
- Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Decision Needs, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
- Use industry standard requirements gathering and modeling techniques to understand and communicate the needs of the product’s users
- Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
- Ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently. Proven Project Management skills.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, MS Project, Visio, and Excel.
- Experience with Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTM) and RTM gap analysis.
- Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
- Knowledge of the CareFirst Defined Processes.
- Business Analyst certification
- Experience with Requirements Management tools.
- Experience with healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans.
- Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Analyzing and documenting BI requirements: 1 year
- understanding the client’s business issues and data challenges: 3 years
- Business Analyst: 5 years
- Information Technology: 7 years
- with technical team on report and workforce dashboard development: 2 years
- creating testing and training materials: 1 year
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement 3 years
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Special Investigations
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please apply before: 3/20/2017