National Quality Forum (NQF) is a not-for-profit membership organization conveniently located at McPherson Square in Washington, DC. National Quality Forum leads national collaboration to improve health and healthcare quality through measurement. We are currently seeking a Budget Manager/Grants Administrator to join our Accounting and Finance team.
The position will work with individuals throughout the organization to assist managers in evaluating their financial data and will also serve as an important resource for gathering information for the purpose of communicating financial performance of the organization to the Senior Director, Finance. The ability to effectively use existing software and develop additional tools to monitor the vital statistics and performance data of the organization and to accurately assess and communicate actual and expected financial outcomes are important aspects of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Prepares, reviews and co-ordinates distribution of monthly department and project performance reports
- Analyzes important variances among actual, budget and forecasted data and provides detailed explanations related to underlying causes
- Identifies key business metrics and develops appropriate monitoring tools; reports on deviations
- Maintains, develops and creates various financial reports; effectively utilizes Microsoft Dynamics SL software.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from project and/or budget managers; provides supporting project documents as needed
Coordinate Financial Management and Reporting of Grant Programs
- Analyze grant activity to ensure compliance with grant specifications and monitor overall financial performance.
- Coordinate grant budgeting processes, including awards, budget modifications and financial closeout.
- Oversee financial reporting of federal grants and contracts including semi-annual reporting of contractor activity.
- Coordinate preparation of business proposals for federal IDIQ proposals and grant applications.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participates extensively in budget processes; prepares components of annual budget and trains users on budgeting software, techniques, policies and procedures
- Updates and maintains software used to develop budget and forecast data
- Provides budget information and support for departments and project managers
Other Related Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assists with maintaining the accounting records of the organization,
- Assists with month-end close process including but not limited to such tasks as performing account reconciliations and variance analysis for possible adjusting or reclassifying journal entries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or advanced degree in non-profit management is required; CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- Professional certification in the field of financial analysis is desired
- At least 7 years of accounting experience in a non-profit environment receiving federal funding and grants from foundations and for profit entities with specific prior experience demonstrated in those duties and responsibilities described above
- Experience and thorough knowledge of accounting and budgeting concepts and procedures utilized by foundations and non-profit organizations to fund projects and grants
- Very high proficiency in the use of Dynamics SL is required
- Experience budgeting for and monitoring financial results relative to federal contracts and grants from private foundations and non-profit organizations is essential
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in written and oral communication
- Ability to clearly articulate the translation of accounting transactions and outcomes and their meaning for those individuals that work within the programmatic areas of the organization
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Dynamics SL is required
- Advanced Excel skills are strongly desired
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, and a thorough understanding of month-end accounting procedures and processes NQF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- National Quality Forum offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package which includes health and life insurance, 401(k), transit reimbursement, and on-site gym facilities. Follow the link to the Budget Manager/Grants Administrator link to upload your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. To learn more about National Quality Forum visit our website at http://www.qualityforum.org.