PBS NewsHour is looking for an Executive Assistant to support our Senior Vice President and Executive Producer. In this position, you will be responsible for providing high-level and complex administrative support.
As our Executive Assistant, you will:
- Manage the SVP/EP’s daily and long-range calendar and schedule
- Draft memoranda and correspondence
- Maintain files
- Serve as a liaison to staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work using Microsoft Office programs, plus others
- Manage changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and tact
- Interest in journalism
- A minimum 3 years of administrative office experience, preferably for an executive in a professional office environment
- College degree
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement and loans
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.