The Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in
conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have part-time and
full-time positions available for Board Operators at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
• Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings,
raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief
• Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple
• Ability to perform commercial and show production.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary.
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
• Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
• Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
E-mail your resume to Chris Roth, Program and Production Director,
Positions will remain open until filled. The Salem Media Group (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.
WAVA, 105.1FM & 780AM, WWRC, 1260AM
1735 North Lynn Street, Suite 500, Arlington, VA 22209
703.807.2266 Fax 703.807.2248