The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an Editorial Manager in our Publications Group. The Editorial Manager is responsible for overseeing ATD Press, the book publishing arm of ATD. This position manages developmental editors, associate editors, indexers, and design vendors, as well as the annual publication schedule. The keys to success in this position are excellent project management skills, strong editing skills, and people management/leadership experience (or potential).
- Managing the day-to-day operations of ATD Press across all product lines (approximately 20 books and 8 research reports per year).
- Supervising, coaching, and developing a team of two developmental editors and two copy editors.
- Creating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with a master publications schedule and individual project schedules.
- Overseeing editorial review process for non-book projects including marketing communications (catalogs, mailers, emails) and conference materials (program guides and signage).
- Participating in book pitch meetings and leading the editorial evaluation of manuscripts prior to contract.
- Serving as an editor on several projects simultaneously.
- 3+ years’ related editorial publishing experience.
- 1+ years’ leadership experience.
- Related degree (publishing, English, etc.).
- Demonstrated developmental and copy editing expertise.
- Superior project and time management skills.
- Highly organized, energetic, and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, InCopy, and Acrobat.
- Experience with publishing content management systems and workflow tools a plus.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Join the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations and make a difference in your world.