George Mason University- Senior Accounts Payable Fiscal Technician
The George Mason University Office of Purchasing and Accounts Payable invites applications for a professional Senior Accounts Payable Fiscal Technician to be responsible for processing various types of accounts payable transactions, including data entry of vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursements and payment request vouchers. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Processing vendor invoices and other types of payment requests: the review process will require validating invoice information, assigning expenditure object codes, obtaining department approval, and ensuring payment is compliant with the commonwealth of Virginia policies and university procedures;
- Maintaining the prompt pay compliance at 99 percent of total invoices processed within 30 days;
- Responding to vendor inquiries, preparing journal vouchers, researching invoice problems, pairing invoices to receiving reports, and completing vendor statement reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Possessing thorough knowledge of the commonwealth’s food and beverage policies, and ensuring compliance through the invoice and reimbursement review process;
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external clients through concise e-mail communications and phone conversations; and
- Performing special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Two-year business degree, or an equivalent combination of education and business experience;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have a track record of effectively managing their time to handle the continuous influx of invoice and reimbursement volume;
- Have excellent communication skills to manage relations with internal and external clients;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Must demonstrated experience working in accounts payable;
- Professionalism in the workplace and a proven ability to meet deadlines, take initiative, and resolve problems; and
- Effective multitasking abilities to handle multiple priority items.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Proficient in Ellucian Banner financial system;
- Proficient in Virginia e-procurement system (eVA);
- Familiar with Mason policies on food and beverage, and travel; and
- Work experience in a higher education institution.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01992z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. http://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/39650