Graphic Designer •Job #: 434039 • McLean, Virginia
Octo’s Proposal Operations Center consists of a growing and closely-knit team that constantly seeks new ways to improve efficiency and quality. We desire a Graphic Designer who wants to do much more than just (re)create the same old graphics. We want someone who can inject simplicity, fun, and creativity into the process and the graphics we place in our proposals. If you want to just do what you’re told and to recreate the same graphics with different customer names, this is not the position for you. The successful candidate for this job will challenge existing processes, devise new ways of displaying ordinary things and commonly used solutions, and will push Octo’s proposal development capabilities forward. We are looking for someone who will help us improve the business processes related to proposal graphic design with an eye toward efficiency, modularity (when possible), and quality. Our goal is to create the most visually appealing, easily read proposals in the industry.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be extremely organized, and be willing to do research to understand complex business processes and solutions. The successful candidate will be motivated to help support the capabilities of the Proposal Operations Center as we support Octo’s growth. The successful candidate must be able to work in a small team environment and be willing to build relationships based on trust and respect while injecting creativity and personality into the mix. The Proposal Operations Center team works collaboratively and relies on these qualities to be successful.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Vice President, Business Development Operations supporting a mix of 80% proposal graphics, 20% marketing graphics.
Primary job functions include:
- – Create the simplest, most easily digested graphics possible on time and with high quality (i.e., balanced, well-aligned graphics with consistent spacing, style, and format; correct spelling; adheres to corporate style guide)
- – Support the process for developing graphics from solution sessions to developing design concepts and iterating on those concepts, to final productions and placement in the proposal
- – Prepare work to be accomplished by researching business processes and concepts, and by researching corporate practices and solutions
- – Plan design concepts by researching business processes and concepts, and by researching corporate practices and solutions
- – Create new graphics from SME sketches and/or tailoring existing graphics for proposals
- – Illustrate concepts by designing rough layouts and wireframes of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- – Obtain approvals for graphic designs throughout their from SMEs and proposal teams
- – Incorporate feedback from proposal color reviews with the guidance of SMEs (as necessary)
- – Own the corporate proposal graphics catalog and corporate graphics style guide
- – Continually look for new ways to illustrate concepts, solutions, and common proposal elements
Secondary duties include:
- – Supporting marketing and communications (MARCOM) with graphics and designs for slick sheets, solution briefs, slide decks, and the corporate website
- – Participating in designing elements of the corporate brand
- – Supporting production activities to meet strategic releases and brand updates
Required technical skills and experience are:
- Five (5) years of proposal graphic production experience creating both vector and raster graphic files for print and web publishing
- Expert with Adobe Illustrator
- Expert with Adobe PhotoShop
- Expert with MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Visio
- Proven ability to support multiple proposals in a time-sensitive environment while maintaining high levels of customer service and quality
- Experience developing or supporting graphic catalogs, and recommending and implementing best practices
- Persistence to solve difficult problems
Desired technical skills and experience
- Adobe Captivate
- Video editing and production
- Still photography
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Mclean (Tyson’s Corner).
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Links to Apply: