The Controller will serve as the chief accounting officer for the Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM), responsible for overseeing and managing all accounting, cash management and vouchering systems for PFSCM, in accordance with contract requirements, applicable government regulations, and accounting standards. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and directly supervise managers within the accounting unit.
- Ensure financial systems are established and maintained in order to provide appropriate controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as single audit guidelines.
- Manage letter of credit drawdown and reporting process, including reporting cash disbursements and balances
- Supervise the maintenance of accounting systems, including ERP and online banking
- Oversee preparation of monthly vouchers and USG standard forms, billing reconciliation, and other financial information required to meet client and Partnership reporting requirements
- Interface with subcontractor accounting systems; oversee management of subcontract obligated balances and other significant commitments against overall project obligations
- Develop and maintain accounting Standard Operating Procedures and manual
- Maintain banking relationships, manage cash flow and cash reconciliation
- Participate in PFSCM’s weekly Project Management Team (PMT) meetings
- Directly supervise the General Ledger Manager and Accounts Payable Manager while providing leadership, mentorship and a supportive work environment to the accounting team
- Manage all aspects of the annual financial audit; address audit findings and recommendations
- Manage the closing out of projects including the resolution of asset and liability balances
- Work closely with counterparts from finance and MIS teams to ensure optimized/synergized processes
- Manage project chart of accounts
- Oversee monthly and year-end close process and reporting of financial positions.
- Oversee preparation of financial statements
- Oversee review and approve payment of subcontractor and vendor vouchers, and manage related currency exchange issues. Work to ensure a smooth and efficient subcontractor reporting, billing and payment process.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA required
- Postgraduate education in a related field preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of accounting experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of experience with a postgraduate degree required
- A minimum of 8 years management and supervisory experience required