Job Title: Manager, Web Site Communications
Location: Owings Mills II
Career Band: Band C
Job ID #: 9396
SUMMARY: This position reports to Sr. Director, Strategic Marketing and is responsible for the supervisory oversight of CareFirst public websites, including CareFirst.com and all ancillary sites.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, development and implementation of content strategy, creation and editing of content, ensuring regulatory compliance, working within the enterprise content management tool, and ensuring CareFirst.com meets the business needs of the prospects, members, brokers, and employers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Oversight of CareFirst.com
• Participates in strategic planning efforts related to CareFirst websites and directly oversees implementation of day-to-day projects, as well as corporate initiatives that affect CareFirst websites.
• Leads in the development and production of digital content and user experience initiatives, including writing materials and providing editorial oversight to ensure compliance with appropriate reading levels and market segment needs.
• Oversees work with other internal staff and vendors to ensure projects meet requirements and are delivered on time and within budget.
• Leads project team meetings, and ad hoc meetings as needed.
• Serves as internal liaison with Marketing, Advertising, IT, Sales and other functional areas related to the development and posting of new digital content.
• Ensures that all client projects are appropriately prioritized, and that all client relationships are appropriately managed to ensure that business needs are met.
• Leads SEO and a/b and multivariate testing activities.
• Ensures data and analytics are prioritized for all digital content and leverages it to inform strategy and make business decisions.
Staff and Budget Supervision
• Directly supervises Digital Communications team, including (but not limited to) staff evaluations, performance plans, development plans, recruiting, work assignments and general oversight of all tasks.
• Set day-to-day priorities for team, working with other departments, as needed.
• Manage project and staff budgets.
• Ensures that all CareFirst websites comply with BCBSA regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions (MD, DC, and VA)
• Ensures that communications meet BCBSA and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield brand standards and enhance the company’s brand image in the market.
• Ensures that all CareFirst websites comply with section 508 and meet other web usability standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in marketing or communications, specifically working with digital content.
• Experience using and managing an enterprise content management system.
• Supervisory experience of 2-3 years.
• Experience with digital content strategy and SEO.
• Experience in web usability methodology and standards.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
• Experience in setting a digital content strategy.
• Experience with a/b and multivariate testing.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate in a non-technical manner to internal content/business owners.
• Sound strategic thinking, analytical abilities and planning skills.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to take a leadership role on project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and external resources.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Good presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex products in writing and verbally to both senior management and peer group audiences.
• Great attention to detail with ability to anticipate issues and follow them through to solution.
• Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects while keeping content owners informed of the progress of their general web edits and aware of any potential problems.
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience with HTML, Dreamweaver and CSS.
Department: Web Content
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/30/2017
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship