Job #: 436558 McLean, Virginia
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Are you a highly motivated individual looking for an opportunity to join an amazing company as an Accounting Manager – Reporting for the Octo Accounting & Reporting team? Octo is hiring and we offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits. You would be a great fit for this role if you have 8+ years of accounting experience and a degree in Accounting. If you also have Government Contracting Experience, your CPA and/or have big 4 or large corporate best practices accounting experience then we definitely want to speak with you!
This position as Accounting Manager – Reporting, Revenue, and GL will provide experienced accounting and financial support within the Accounting & Reporting department and report directly to Octo’s Corporate Controller. The work will include development and support of strategic program guidelines, management of day-to-day accounting and financial activities, and performing a full range of moderately complex accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Monthly close process including Revenue, Direct Cost, and GL and perform the full range of moderately complex to complex accounting and financial activities, journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and accruals.
- Evaluation and completion of financial reporting and analysis to include but is not limited to P&L and BS, detailed revenue and direct margin, time, cost data, billing and invoicing, financial statements, trend reports. This position will work with the Corporate Controller to manage accounting transactions to provide value added analysis and to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Manage 1-2 direct reports, and provide technical financial recommendations, guidance, and instruction to accounting team staff of 3-4.
- Perform Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement reconciliations, sub ledger review activities and some AR/Invoicing support, and ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Analyze and reconcile General Ledger accounts. Identify and resolve complex discrepancies.
- Identifies and assists in the resolution of moderately complex accounting and financial analyses.
- Reviews and actively participate in refinement of accounting and financial processes and procedures. Identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
- Works with Sr. Finance Manager, Project Managers, and Finance Department to understand financial activity, support reporting for PMs and VPs and properly accrue revenue and/or expenses as needed in support of financial statements.
- Gather and analyze financial data from ERP system for special projects. Create and present reports to Corporate Controller, Sr. Finance Manager, and CFO. Preparation of supporting analysis and schedules for financial statements
- Assist with Accounting System management and processes, and Work with Corporate Controller on various ERP/Accounting System and other scalability and efficiency projects.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits and compensation package.
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressively responsible professional accounting experience required
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and operational accounting including Reporting, GL, Revenue,
- 3-4+ years’ accounting experience in a federal government contracting accounting environment including Knowledge and experience of different Contract types FFP, T&M, Cost Plus and applicable Revenue Recognition and Accounting for each.
- Strong Excel including pivots, vlookup and logical functions
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- MBA is a plus
- Preferred Experience with MS Dynamics SL (Solomon) or large Project based government contracting focused accounting system like Deltek Costpoint preferred
- Preferred Strong analytical skills and understanding of accounting concepts relevant to the Federal Government Contracting industry.
- Customer service oriented; must be detail-oriented
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; build trusted partnership with internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong Excel (pivots and logical), PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Bachelor’s Degree; in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s degree preferred
- McLean, Virginia
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Applicants authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor work Visas for this role.
- Relocation will not be offered.