The Arlington County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Supervisor – Collections Unit
Full time position in the Compliance Division of the Treasurer’s Office. This employee performs complex professional administrative and supervisory duties supporting tax/fee collection activities of the Treasurer’s Office. This position provides direct supervision to 8 collectors/tax clerks and 1 Administrative Specialist. Work is done in an environment of technological change and improvement. The successful candidate will be innovative, technically astute, and able to complete tasks without constant oversight. An aptitude for exceptional interpersonal communication is strongly desired, as well as the ability to deal with a diverse group of customers and subordinates.
Specific duties include:
- Supervise the daily activities of the Collection Unit
- Serve as a resource for the Compliance Division when issues arise regarding collection issues of any kind
- Manage Collections Unit call center agents
- Write and conduct employee performance evaluations for Section staff.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, or field directly related to program area, plus at least one-year experience in managing customer service including staff supervision and evaluation.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience working directly with the public explaining policies, regulations and / or tax regulations to customers;
- Experience managing/coordinating performance evaluations;
- Experience as a call center supervisor;
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite or similar software;
Competitive benefits and salary commensurate with education and experience. Salary range $54,267.20 – $82,929.60 annually.
To Apply: Please send completed application to: Treasurer@arlingtonva.us; use subject line “Supervisor – Collections Unit.”
For immediate hire; closing date January 25, 2017. Open until filled. Intake of applications on-going. *Interviews scheduled on-going. Not everyone who applies will receive an interview.