Manager, Media Assets
WETA– Arlington, VA
Are you a passionate, innovative collaborator with a history of organizing digital media in fast-paced, complex newsgathering environments? PBS NewsHour is looking for a Media Asset Manager to oversee the collection, maintenance and distribution of footage at the nation’s premier national nightly newscast.
As the Manager, Media Assets, you will:
- Manage media asset systems and software to maximize efficiency/flexibility for daily newsgathering operation
- Work closely with editorial, production and engineering teams to develop and maintain workflows in the creation of frequently used news material.
- Be a mentor to junior staffers
- Train staff on the use of the Media Asset Management system
- Proven yourself to be an excellent organizer
- A thorough understanding digital footage file formats and legacy tape-based media.
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively with colleagues
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.