Work for an Industry Leader!
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate (commencing employment within the month of January 2017) opening for a Geologist or an Environmental Scientist at our Arlington, VA office. This position is an interim (temporary / no employment benefits offered) position to last 3 to 4 months and may convert to full-time. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: environmental site assessments, site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; remedial investigations, design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; contractor oversight; environmental regulatory compliance; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, desire to learn, and a professional demeanor is essential.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or Environmental Science;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Ability to commence employment within the month of January 2017;
- Entry level to 2 years of related experience. For entry level hires, prior related internship and field experience is plus;
- Knowledge of or ability to readily understand agency regulations;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of computers, GIS is a plus;
- Must be willing to spend up to 90 percent of working hours in the field;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site locations;
- Some travel is required;
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Local resident is preferred. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please submit resume, cover letter and academic transcripts.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below to apply.
We thank you for your interest in Langan!
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability