Job Title: Manager, FEPOC Strategic Comm
Location: Washington DC
Career Band: Band C
Job ID #: 9351
Under the direction of the Director, Customer and Strategic Development, the incumbent will be charged to develop the overall FEP Operations Center’s ® (FEPOC) communication strategy and supporting communication plans that produce effective and precisely crafted messages, using a variety of communication channels, to reach and influence FEPOC’s stakeholders. The incumbent will also manage and/or support special projects and corporate initiatives.
As the Strategic Communication Manager, the associate will partner with the Executive Leadership, Customer Relationship Management, Strategy Management, Project and Product, and Customer Change Management teams in developing strategy and plans for communication efforts. This associate will manage the creative development of all related communication collateral and outputs. The incumbent will manage the communication’s team to implement communication strategy and underlying plans.
The associate will manage communication efforts directed to stakeholders, coordinate activities with internal clients, and act as liaison with external partners. Associate is also responsible for representing the department with FEPOC management and developing all necessary communications to support FEPOC communication strategy. Associate will have accountability for the production of BluePrint, BlueWeb, Annual Report, FEP Technology Conference, Technology Strategy Summit, FEPOC Intranet, and other communication channels.
• Develop, refresh and maintain FEPOC customer communication strategy and critical messaging.
• Lead and create integrated, strategic, creative communication plans to support strategy.
• Direct all support resources to ensure successful implementation of strategies developed.
• Attend project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met according to timelines and budgets.
• Oversee gathering of relevant market research and competitive intelligence data to support strategies developed.
• Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communication vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
• Coordinate communication campaigns to ensure optimum benefit from communication and promotion initiatives through prudent use of FEPOC resources.
• Lead the strategic planning and development of all communication materials and events.
• Ensure communications comply with FEPOC contract obligations.
• Manage production schedules of all communication deliverables and associates responsible for carrying out communication tasks.
• Coordinate content development contributions of subject matter experts to communications deliverables.
• Leverage and improve existing communication channels.
• Identify new and more effective communication channels and methods, such as video, podcasts and blogs to effectively communicate messaging to target audience(s).
• Effectively write and edit clear, concise copy and executive communications, including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations and speeches.
• Secure and manage vendors and external speakers.
• Develop and implement methods to track effectiveness of all communication.
• Refine strategies and tactics based on tracking results and analysis.
• Report tracking results to senior management and peers to educate and persuade.
Staff Management and Development
• Management responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and training; performance reviews, time reporting, and travel expense oversight. Additionally, develop and maintain annual budget, business continuity documentation, service catalogs and other corporate requirements; report monthly performance metrics and participate in management meetings and forums.
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of professional, strategic communications experience.
• 4+ years prior experience in conference and event planning and production and managing vendors.
• 4+ years brand development and management experience.
• Some travel required.
• A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
• A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
• Ability to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines.
• An understanding of graphic design, print production and electronic communications.
• Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
• A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
• Thorough understanding of communication strategies and planning; strong understanding of electronic communications, promotions; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3+ years of health insurance, health industry or technology experience, and a good understanding of health care trends. Previous management experience preferred.
Department: Plan Communication
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 01/04/2017
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship