Job Title: Manager, Business Change Mgmt
Location: Washington DC
Career Band: Band C
Job ID #: 9251
Manager, Business Change Management provides change management leadership for all customer impacting programs and projects. Incumbent is responsible for defining and delivering strategies, tactics frameworks, methods and tools to achieve business goals of successful internal and external stakeholder engagement and adoption. Program Manager will work with program and project teams to roll out changes to stakeholders in a structured way with regard to planning, testing, and adopting and transitioning from one technology or business process to another.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under limited direction from the Director Customer & Strategy Development, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops, establishes and maintains FEPOC business change management discipline including standards, guidelines and procedures, tools and templates.
• Supports the development of change management skills throughout the organization; provides mentoring and guidance on the application of change management best practices.
• Assesses stakeholder change management needs across software development project portfolio.
• Introduces relevant best practices to the organization.
Program and Project Focus
• Incumbent oversees all customer change management aspects of assigned high visibility, large scale Plan impacting IT projects and/or programs, including NextGen, a five-year $150 million technology modernization program.
• Develops, delivers, and coordinates change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship, communications, training, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and culture change.
• Responsible for the success of assigned projects and/or programs.
• Responsible for reporting on project and/or program change management activities to the steering and governance committees.
• Ensures that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
• Collaborates with project sponsors and the project team to ensure success.
• Ensures that projects follow appropriately scaled best practices and established FEPOC processes, procedures and guidelines.
• Minimizes exposure and risk on project(s) and program(s), including optimizing the timing of release of project deliverables into business operations and preparing the affected stakeholders for the transition.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Leads and manages development and execution of sustainment plans to ensure “day one” stakeholder preparedness and ongoing education and awareness.
• Evaluates and ensures user readiness and manages anticipated resistance.
• Defines process and is responsible for measurement of system adoption, project success metrics, and benefit maximization. Reports on critical success factors and measurable benefits of projects deployed.
• Works independently and with management on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects.
• Builds relationships with executives and staff at the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and all 35 BCBS Plans nationwide.
• Provide stakeholder perspective to FEPOC leadership and project teams and serve as an advocate for stakeholders.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Manages change management specialists supporting the program.
• Through guiding and mentoring of others, supports the growth of change management skills throughout the organization.
Staff Management and Development
Management responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and training, performance reviews, and travel expense oversight. Additionally, develop and maintain annual budget, business continuity documentation and service catalogs, report monthly management metrics, and participate in management meetings and forums.
• Demonstrated experience and success in crafting business change frameworks for large scale organizations.
• Demonstrated experience and success in leading business change management planning and execution for large-scale enterprise technology projects with complex stakeholder groups and requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment (ADKAR, Prosci, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile software development approaches
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience
Skills and Accountabilities:
• Need to have excellent problem-solving skills, a strong command of change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
• Skills/experience with business process reengineering methods, metrics, tools and techniques.
• Extremely strong facilitation skills and the ability to take a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Independent and self-starter. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Excellent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
• Change management certification or designation desired. Prosci and/or Project Management certification is a plus.
• Management consulting experience, project management experience, facilitation and line management experience are all desirable.
Department: Business Change Management
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/08/2016
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship