The Arlington County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Treasury Specialist I – Cashier
Full time position in the Operations Division of the Treasurer’s Office. This employee performs a variety of front-line customer service, technical and administrative duties.
- Answering customer questions and resolving issues.
- Accepting customer payments.
- Issuing County decals and dog licenses.
- Processing residential zone parking permits.
- Selling and servicing in-car parking meter devices.
- Accepting and processing deposit batches from other County agencies.
This position requires excellent oral, written communications skills, flexibility, sensitivity and the ability to remain professional and calm in a high volume, fast paced customer service environment.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus two years of administrative support experience.
Substitution: An Associates degree (or successful completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) in any field may be substituted for up to one year of experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Public or Business Administration or a closely related field may substitute for 18 months of required experience.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience working directly with the public explaining policies, regulations and / or tax regulations to customers.
- Cash handling experience.
Competitive benefits and salary commensurate with education and experience. Salary range $36,857 – $56,326 annually.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com; use subject line “Treasury Specialist I – Cashier.”
For immediate hire; closing date November 22, 2016. Open until filled. Intake of applications on-going. *Interviews scheduled on-going. Not everyone who applies will receive an interview.