The Arlington County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the following employment opportunity: Bank Lien Tax Collector.
The Treasurer’s Office is a dynamic, robust environment that is constantly innovating and adapting new technologies to better serve the citizens of Arlington County. This position is in tax enforcement and requires significant interaction with the public, both in person and on the phone. Performs complex professional administrative duties collecting taxes, fees and payments due to the county. Successful applicants must be goal oriented, resourceful and innovative, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be technically astute and have the ability work with moderate oversight. Due to the sensitive nature of the information handled, attention to detail as well as discretion and good judgment are required.
- Completion of the requirements for graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or field directly related to program area.
- Three years’ experience in handling customer service or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with automated phone systems.
- Experience working directly with the public explaining policies, regulations and / or tax regulations to customers.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Competitive benefits and salary commensurate with education and experience. Salary range $45,822 – $69,992 annually
To Apply: Please send resume to: Treasurer@arlingtonva.us; use subject line “Bank Lien Tax Collector.”
For immediate hire; closing date November 2, 2016. Open until filled. Intake of applications on-going. *Interviews scheduled on-going. Not everyone who applies will receive an interview. EOE.