Job Title: Spec, NG FEP Vendor Management
Location: Northern Virginia/Reston
Career Band: Band B
Job ID #: 9138
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Manager, NextGen Budget and Planning, this position will lead and conduct proposal preparation, contract drafting and change orders for goods and services via the Master Services Agreements with SBPASC approved Service Providers. This position will drive Service Provider excellence in delivering the highest possible value for NextGen at a reasonable cost. Responsible for establishing processes (including knowledge transfer), metrics and reporting, and manage relationships for efficient, effective and high quality delivery on contracted terms. This position leads the internal sourcing process: from requirements development to RFx development and assists Corporate Sourcing with supplier selection, supplier negotiations and contract drafting, all in accordance with Corporate Purchasing Policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads Stakeholder Engagement and Sourcing Initiatives:
• Responsible for working with business stakeholders to frame and develop project objectives, requirements, and sourcing strategy prior to Service Provider engagement.
• Working with SBP and CareFirst Purchasing, drafts and leads the applicable sourcing process through scoring and completion (e.g. RFx, sole source, etc.).
• Acts as primary liaison with potential suppliers during the RFx, selection, and negotiation process.
• Assists CF Purchasing with supplier negotiations throughout RFx and contracting process to achieve optimal savings, value, and risk profile.
Define Requirements and Draft Contract Documentation:
• Implements the sourcing strategy and redlining process with the Service Providers to assist in the drafting of contracts that accurately capture business, technical, and legal requirements (including contractual and task order documentation).
• Acts as liaison with business owner and Service Provider during negotiations.
• Works closely with legal and risk groups to ensure consistent communication and socialization of significant legal and risk issues throughout the negotiation process.
• Interacts routinely with legal and business owner to resolve issues.
• Responsible for the preparation and submission of documentation for consent from the Federal Government (as applicable).
• Ensures and adheres to corporate purchasing policy directives and Federal Government regulations.
• Ensures compliance with contractual requirements for Federal Employee Program and other state and local contracts specifically related to MBE/WBE requirements and reporting.
• Ensures all documentation is complete and accessible in contracts repository.
• Analyzes Service Provider performance, compare service and/or product offerings and specifications, perform site visits as required and resolve contract and invoice differences.
• Manages existing contracts to anticipate and prepare for ongoing renewals.
• Provides other services related to the sourcing, contracting, and Service Provider management function as required.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years’ experience in a technology procurement and/or Professional Services area contracting role (able to manage the end to end sourcing process from requirements gathering through RFx, and complex software licensing as applicable).
• Extensive experience with technology.
• Experienced in supplier relationship management and stakeholder governance.
• Experienced in analyzing pricing and determining price reasonableness.
• Experienced in managing ID/IQ contracts and task orders.
• Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, work plan development and management.
• Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative risk analyses to determine realistic project budgets, schedules and mitigation strategies.
• Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
• Able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem and process solutions.
• Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
• Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Knowledge of current technology trends, industry best practices and their impact on legal and risk requirements.
• Knowledge of the FAR.
• Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
Department: NextGen Program Delivery Service
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/27/2016
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship