Culpepper Garden is an award-winning, affordable, nonprofit retirement community located in Arlington County with 340 apartments for seniors located 4335 N Pershing Dr, Arlington, VA 22203 .
The Utility Aide/Dishwasher receives general supervision and direction from the Cook and will comply with established policies and operational procedures. In the absence of the Cook, the Utility Aide/Dishwasher will accept advice and instruction from the Certified Dietary Manager or Food Service Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports for work in uniform as scheduled by the Supervisor.
- Properly operates the dishwasher, checks water temperatures, uses proper chemical and sanitation solutions and observes sanitation rules and regulations as required by state, local and company policies.
- Washes and assures cleanliness of Cook’s pots and utensils using proper chemical and sanitation solutions.
- Assists in putting away stock. Breaks down boxes and disposes of boxes properly.
- Completes daily cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in personal hygiene, food handling, preparation and storage.
- Must be able to positively interact with residents, guests, staff, supervisor, and others.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and to bend, crawl, stoop, push and lift in order to reach and clean and deliver food as assigned.
- Must be able to operate equipment related to cleaning, including but not limited to dishwasher, garbage disposal, vacuum cleaner and coffee and juice equipment. Uses care in operating equipment to avoid hitting people, walls and furniture.
- Keeps spills (liquid and/or food) cleaned as soon as practical in accordance with cleaning instructions.
- Cleans the dining room, service line kitchen, and dish room after meals as assigned. Keeps dish room clean, including floors, walls, equipment and empties trash.
- Assists with closing down of kitchen to ensure dining room serving line, dish room, storage rooms are clean, equipment is turned off, doors locked and trash emptied.
- Assists with the delivery of meals to residents and guests as assigned.
- Observes and protects residents’ rights including rights to confidentiality, privacy and dignity.
- Practices safety policies and complies with established reporting of accidents and injuries.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned.
To apply: please email your Resume with subject line ARL UTILITY AIDE to Franziska Rodewald Assistant Dining Services Director: firstname.lastname@example.org