Job Title: Analyst, Systems Ld.
Location: DC/Union Center Plaza
Career Band: Band B
Job ID #: 9003
Please note this position may be filled as a Sr. or Lead Systems Analyst depending on candidates relevant experience and business need
Under the general supervision of a Manager or Supervisor, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Provides systems analysis guidance and consultation on the most complex systems. Leads or participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology. Leads effort to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate technical requirements for the most complex changes to information systems, acting as a liaison between Business Analysts and IT technical team. Leads technical requirements analysis and verification sessions for the most complex projects. Participates in the most complex business/user/functional requirements analysis, verification and prioritization sessions. Accountable for validating these to meet IT intake criteria. Develops sizing estimates for project requests and determines feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems. Collaborates with other IT staff to provide alternative system solutions that will meet client’s requirements while minimizing development and maintenance costs.
Documents complex system requirements and oversees documentation of the technical solution for the most complex systems. Supports the development of technical specifications and provides ongoing assistance and consultation to software developers and software testing engineers to resolve problems to ensure that the applications software meets the client’s requirements. Creates a refined Project Requirements Document. Serves as true subject matter expert for designated systems and technologies. Coordinates with other IT staff to maintain systems in accordance with priorities and scheduled target dates. Reviews and analyzes complex business, user, functional and non-functional requirements and other related requirements artifacts to determine technical solution alternatives. Coordinates with Business Analysts to ensure traceability of technical solution to defined requirements. Manages, tracks, and communicates status of technical requirements documentation. Manages changes to baseline technical requirements documentation. Works closely with Application Developers to help create proofs of concept and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Educates Business Analysts and stakeholders about the underlying capabilities of the technology stack and helps developers understand the business impacts of technical decisions.
Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Assists manager or supervisor with other administrative tasks as requested. Develops project management and analytical skills and increases applications and technical knowledge. Maintains a thorough understanding of emerging technologies and how they may be leveraged to advance CareFirst’s strategies, goals, and objectives. Analyzes trends within the insurance and healthcare industries and anticipates the demands they will have on IT at CareFirst.
Provides ongoing client support for technical system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches more complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve more complex defects during the development and testing process. Tracks and manages open technical solution issues and plans for their resolution. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results.
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 6+ years of direct Systems Analyst experience.
• Advanced understanding of business processes related to systems supported. Recognized as true systems subject matter expert (e.g., Pega, Facets, etc. )
• Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current relevant technologies used in the development, implementation, and support of software solutions. (e.g.., Pega, Tibco, Amberpoint, Webservices, XML, Cobol, JCL, Easytrieve, SQL, MQ Series, Java, C++, etc)
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least three or more of the following: State Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, User Interface Prototype, Activity Diagram, Workflow Diagrams, External Interface Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams.
• Experience with complex systems projects. Includes demonstrated experience with development of technical solutions and technical specification documentation. Demonstrated ability to lead projects with limited prior system/business knowledge of affected system.
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching/mentoring other associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in systems design with working knowledge of multiple formalized DBMSs.
• Spearhead the resolution of technical problems and issues encountered during a project life-cycle.
• Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, MS Project, and Excel.
• Strong MS Visio or other process / flow charting tool skills.
• Strong understanding of systems solution architecture and data architecture processes and practices.
• Strong understanding of system project life cycle methodologies (e.g., + Traditional/Waterfall vs. Iterative) and software process improvement (SPI) best practices.
• Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
• Experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
• Experience with CareFirst business analysis and requirements (business, user, and technical – functional/non-functional) development and management) processes and tools.
• Experience with software testing and/or defect tracking and testing tools.
• Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
• Prior experience as an application programmer or developer.
• Prior experience with project management and/or project management software.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Department: SM SBU AI/EAB/Contract OTS Sup
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 9/20/2016
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship