As a part-time, On-Call Utility Mailer, you’ll work in our Production and Manufacturing plant and perform a range of duties essential to getting The Washington Post on the streets and into readers’ hands: feeding advertising material into production machinery, lifting and stacking newspaper bundles; and more. It’s a 7-day-a-week, 24-hour work environment that demands dedication, focus, a commitment to producing a top-notch paper. Schedule includes 4-12 hour shifts, up to 5 shifts per week and could include weekends; $14.10/hr.
• Assist with production duties as required during peak periods
• Lift/stack newspaper bundles with/without forklifts
• Operate heavy production machinery
• Follow appropriate safety procedures
–Willingness to work 4-12 hour shifts and up to five shifts per week (including some weekends;Hours vary based upon business needs. )
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Track record of reliable attendance and workplace accuracy
• Access to reliable transportation to our production plant in Springfield, VA
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work well in an industrial, high-noise environment
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven workplace
• Ability to follow Personal Protection Equipment policies
• Ability to be accountable for personal performance
• Some experience working in a plant environment or doing manual labor (desired)
TO APPLY- Complete application at link here: https://washpost.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/washingtonpostcareers/job/VA-Springfield-TWP-Plant/Utility-Mailer_JR-90268618