Job Title: Analyst, FEP Communications
Career Band: A
Job ID #: 8942
PURPOSE: This position is expected to work as part of the Customer Communications team. Responsibilities include a wide array of regular duties as well as special assignments, including content generation for the intranet & extranet (BlueWeb), presentation support, research, as well as writing and editing customer communications and other marketing/external communication-related activities.
Planning & Organizing
• Support the customer communications management team with production work (editorial, print and web) and project coordination
• Duties may also include proofreading, copywriting, and aiding in final design and layout as needed
• Support activities to expand working knowledge of the FEPOC brand and communications process
• Support small to medium-size meetings and events that range in size from 50 to 250 executives including RFP, site selection, event theme, pre coordination, registration, housing and event production & execution
• Assist with post-event tasks including reconciliation of expenses, evaluation of event, recommend improvements
• Support in preparation of meeting communication materials and marketing collateral in collaboration with strategy team members and project manager
• Support the management of customer (internal & external) and vendor relationships.
• Help implement programs goals and objectives.
• Provide communications support to Senior Management as needed
• Support the production and management of written content for the intranet & extranet (BlueWeb), FEPOC presentations, and marketing-related tasks
• Edit photographs and video for use in website and marketing activities
• Assist in identifying, developing, and implementing new communication tactics for web, social media, video, etc.
• Take content from the technical and professional staff and present it in an interesting, readable, and compliant format
• Conceptualize new communications material/content
• Maintain brand consistency
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, web design or equivalent relevant experience
2. Excellent writing and communication skills
3. Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to juggle multiple priorities
4. Strong work ethic with flexibility to perform in a work environment that fosters independence yet may require intense collaboration at times
5. Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
6. Very high level of visual attention to detail as well as a natural eye for good design and layout; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
7. Able to establish relationships within a matrix organization; work with various levels of organization, including leadership and successful navigate with service teams in parent company
8. Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
9. Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work with some direction as well as part of a team are required.
1. Interpersonal skills
2. Customer service skills
3. Organizational skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Time management skills
6. Collaboration skills
7. Problem-solving and analytical skills
8. Verbal and written communication skills to include active listening and questioning skills
9. Ability to adhere to standardized operating procedures and follow clear directions
10. Ability to work with some direction and meet deadlines
11. Ability to work well under pressure
12. Ability to work in a team environment
13. Organizational awareness and knowledge of corporate standards and procedure
14. May require standing for long periods, walking great distances and ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 lbs.
-Outstanding writer and communicator who is motivated to work creatively.
-Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
-Prior project management experience is preferred.
-Demonstrated experience with event management tools (i.e., EventBrite, Cvent, CrowdCompass)
-Practical experience with one or more Java-based CMS platforms (i.e. LifeRay, WordPress, Joomla)
-Knowledge of html, css, javacript, python, php, java, rails a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Plan Communication
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: September 21, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.