Job Title: Analyst, Business
Career Band: A
Job ID #: 8927
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating the Business area’s user and technical (functional/non-functional) requirements. Under the direction of a Lead or Senior Business Analyst, participates in the creation of PRD (Project Requirements Document) including defining Business, User and functional and non-functional requirements needed for approval by Business and for use by Design, Development and Testing teams. Participates in the creation of the Requirements Management Plan to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities. Participates in requirements analysis and verification sessions. Participates in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution. Participates in development sessions and design reviews in order to ensure design meets user requirements.
Responsible for overall success of user acceptance testing, including results verification and release. Implements practices and procedures for end user test plans. Ensures all user acceptance tests are conducted and documented according to standards. Identifies and documents system deficiencies. Coordinates and participates in groups of end users who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications and identify issues in software or services. Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting fixes and enhancements. Providing guidance and training to application end users. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process.
Troubleshoot systems problems identify cause of problems, work with appropriate group to correct problem. Track and resolve systems issues. Prioritize and manage new work requests. Develop solutions and workarounds that solve low complexity technical and/or business issues. Develop and maintain functional systems add-ons.
Reviews, analyzes and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs. Responsible for writing all documentation in clear and well organized manner. Develops key project deliverables including requirements specifications, use cases, system test cases, training and documentation and user manuals for projects of low complexity.
Use project management techniques to establish roles and responsibilities, monitor project and request status and workload, and ensure deliverables of high quality, effectiveness and timeliness. Coordinates assigned projects from concept through implementation. Creates, develops and maintains project schedules for key deliverables by developing project plan, monitoring milestone completion and coordinating project progress. Accurately completes and submits status reports
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or equivalent relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing and 1-3 years of related work experience in business analysis, systems analysis or testing.
• Experience in or expose to business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
• Knowledge and experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
• Proven project management skills.
• Basic understanding of project Software Development Life Cycles.
• Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
• Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
• Experience in or exposure to accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Workflow Modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Specification Process Modeling.
• Use industry standard requirements gathering and modeling techniques to understand and communicate the needs of the product’s users.
• Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
• Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Benefit Admin
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: September 21, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.