Arlington Food Assistance Center Director of Community Partnerships
The Skinny: 30 year-old, well-respected, and award winning local food pantry seeks some new blood and fresh ideas to help us serve the 2,500 families in our care each week!
Are you a forward-thinking, established fundraiser looking for a change of pace? We’re casual, flexible, and team-oriented. Wear your jeans to work every day!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Thinks outside of the donation box. You are creative, strategic, and entrepreneurial.
- Is nimble brained. You see obstacles as opportunities, love problem solving, and you enjoy seeing the world through varying lenses.
- Can work a room. You derive energy from meeting new people, rallying crowds, and sharing big ideas.
- Cares. AFAC’s mission is to provide free, nutritious, groceries to low-income individuals and families who reside in Arlington County. You’ll go the extra mile to make sure we can do that.
What you’ll do all day:
- Plan the work and work the plan. Our existing portfolio for this job contains more than 2,000 constituents and currently raises over $500,000 per year for AFAC. That’s great, but we need to do better. That’s where you come in.
- Party on! You know what a great event looks like and you’ve made them happen before. Your energy and expertise will help AFAC get our next great fête off the ground.
- Give ‘em something to talk about. You’ll manage AFAC’s communication strategies, act as a point-of-contact for the press, and explore new opportunities to highlight AFAC’s work to alleviate hunger in our community
Why you might hate it:
- You have an affinity for marble floors and oak desks. We work at the food pantry. Our offices are atop a working warehouse and a bustling client distribution center.
- Time management isn’t your bailiwick. We are quick around here. Quick to laugh, quick to act, and quick to respond. If you don’t have a system of time management in-place, you’ll soon find yourself buried under a pile of unchecked boxes and dusty to-do lists.
- You’re not open to feedback. Independent operations are great and often necessary, but you won’t be working in a vacuum. The best outcomes come out of teamwork.
- You’ve lost your funny bone. Around here, a sense of humor is a MUST.
Why you’ll love it:
- We’ll take good care of you. The salary range for this position is $85K to $100K per year. Position perks include nine paid holidays, paid annual and paid sick leave, health insurance, and a generous 401K Plan.
- We’ll be good stewards of your time. Here at the office, work hours are generally 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., but we know life throws curveballs. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be needed of you to get your job done, and occasional mornings and afternoons you might ask away from us because the roof leaked, the dog needs groomed, or a family member is sick. We get it, and we’ll make it work.
- The total karma boost. You’ll be helping children, seniors, families, and individuals with disabilities eat healthy food they would otherwise be forced to go without. It’s good for the community and it’s good for the soul.
Tools to bring to your first day:
Bachelor’s degree ; Solid computer skills; A minimum of three years of development experience and a proven track record of fundraising; A winning personality