Job Title: Analyst. Contingent Labor Lead
Career Band: B
Job ID #: 8866
PURPOSE: The Lead Contingent Labor Analyst is responsible for the management of the external labor sourcing processes utilized by the External Labor Management Office and across the enterprise. The External Labor Management Office manages over $150 million dollars in Contingent Labor costs and manages over 30 Suppliers enterprise wide. This role oversees the sourcing and vendor management operations within the External Labor Management Office utilized by the enterprise. This includes management of the workflow related to Professional Services Time and Materials sourcing, Temporary Services program support, and On/Offshore program support. In addition, this role is responsible for oversight of the preferred professional services vendor stables. This program sources over $70 million in Professional Services spend in addition to supporting the approval workflow for over $80 Million in on/offshore SOW spend.
This role will act as the first escalation point for the Professional Services Time and Materials sourcing, Temporary Services program support, On/Offshore program support, and Work Order/SOW process, and Vendor Management support, implements strategic sourcing strategies to meet enterprise-wide objectives.
1. Responsible for managing the Time and Materials Staff Augmentation workflow and sourcing processes.
• Provides oversight of the open requirements list and monitors workflow specifically related to program metrics and SLA’s.
• Leads the internal sourcing team in developing processes related to staff augmentation protocol.
• Analyzes current workload of sourcing team and adjusts duties and VP support based on needs across the enterprise. Responsible for obtaining/providing additional support during high volume times to ensure department is meeting customer service goals.
• Works with the CareFirst management team, internal systems management team, and preferred suppliers to identify opportunities within the VMS (Vendor Management System) to enhance customer experience and build process efficiencies into External Labor sourcing practices.
• Knowledgeable of all day-to-day sourcing operations in order to provide leadership and oversight of less experienced staff.
• Responsible for evaluating and making recommendations for previous CareFirst Associates, Pre-Identified resource requests and over the rate card exceptions.
• Analyzes position and rate change requests and provides recommendations to management on solution.
• Keeps management informed of critical issues and concerns related to sourcing.
• Works with new Hiring Managers and Divisions to train on External Labor processes. Works with Management on executing expansion goals.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of Internal and External Standard Operating Procedures.
• Oversight of all weekly/monthly reporting related to the sourcing process (onboarding, pre-identified candidates, rate exceptions and supplier reporting)
• Responsible for oversight of Professional Services Labor Category, processes and the relationship with the MSP (Managed Services Program) servicing CareFirst. Will work with the Systems team to identify required enhancements or workflow changes.
- Oversees the workflow for the Delivery Partner Engagement (DPE) and other Work Order /SOW (State Of Work) engagements executed within the Beeline tool.
• Leads the efforts across multiple teams to execute Work Orders/SOW according to the agreed upon workflow and SLA’s developed by the program team management.
• Acts as escalation point for process exceptions. Works with Project Teams, Management, Legal, Procurement and Finance teams to identify and resolve work order issues.
• Keeps management informed of critical issues and concerns.
• Works directly with suppliers to assist with work order issue resolution and tracking.
• Analyzes current workload of support team. Responsible for obtaining/providing additional support during high volume times to ensure department is meeting customer service goals.
• Works with CareFirst management team, internal team systems management team, and suppliers to identify opportunities within the VMS to enhance customer experience and build process efficiencies into External Labor sourcing practices.
• Knowledgeable of DPE/SOW workflows and provides leadership and oversight to less experienced staff.
• Responsible for training of Project Teams and Executives on Work Order/SOW processes and Beeline systems navigation.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of Internal and External Standard Operating Procedures related to the Work Order/SOW program and Beeline workflows.
• Oversight of all reporting related to the SOW/Work Order programs (Quarterly Program Metrics, Financial and Supplier Reporting)
• Responsible for oversight of all Work Order data within the system to ensure data integrity for system integrations and reporting.
• Works with Finance to monitor year end milestone closures and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for retaining and managing the Preferred Professional Services Vendor Stables including leading the RFI/RFP process and selection of preferred vendors; and associated training for all preferred vendors.
• Execute the end-to-end strategic sourcing process which includes: gathering data, conducting market research, benchmarking and identifying potential vendors, and recommending the optimal procurement approach (RFI, RFP, reverse eAuction, etc.).
• In concert with the CareFirst Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department, create and issue the procurement documents; facilitate the procurement approach. Analyze vendor responses, create vendor scorecards and facilitate discussions with key business decision makers. Conduct vendor negotiations and implement vendor contracts.
• Responsible for maintaining all Preferred Vendor Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance with program strategies, CareFirst Policies and Vendor Contracts.
• Responsible for development, maintenance of and on-going training for all vendors on processes related to that RFP.
• Proactively identifies and addresses opportunities for enhancements within vendor management procedures.
• Leads on-going supplier calls to provide communication around process and sourcing strategies.
• Oversight of data used to calculate quarterly vendor and program report cards.
• Leads the Quarterly review process with Professional Services and SOW/Work Order Vendor Stables.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations to the program manager on process deviations, suspensions and terminations within the stable.
4. Maintains cross-departmental communications ensures standard operating procedures are in place and maintained for internal and external usage related to external labor management, VMS technology and Vendor management.
• Supports External Labor team members as needed with contractor sourcing, supplier management, offshore program management and process adherence.
• Leads and mentors other staff members on business knowledge, system details, and complex sourcing issues related to the VMS solution and across system integrations.
• Expand business knowledge through reading, on-the-job-training, classroom training, networking and conducting market/best practice research.
• Advises team members concerning best practice and procedures concerning atypical issues that arise while management may not be available.
• Absolute adherence to confidentiality of information.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in staffing/program management support and a minimum of 6+ years of experience in Permanent or Temporary Staffing, and/or MSP or RPO program support.
• Experience leading a sourcing team to meet the resource needs of an organization.
• The incumbent must possess strong problem analysis skills and be decisive as well as flexible.
• Strong operational support skills.
• Must have the ability to identify priorities and achieve results with a sense of urgency; access sourcing needs and develop strategy to meet those needs for the organization.
• Demonstrated leadership experience, during which two or more of the following occurred:
-Successfully lead and managed a recruiting team to meet organizational resource needs
– Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management and customer support
-Demonstrated oversight of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
-Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Ability to present and discuss technical and non-technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Demonstrates solid teamwork and an ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers and management at all levels; and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Knowledge of a VMS or ATS technology –from a workflow perspective; Beeline VMS is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Department: Workforce & Contract Mgmt
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: September 3, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.