Grants and Budget Administrator The George Mason University Department of Psychology is seeking a financial services specialist (Grants and Budget Administrator) to provide grants and budget support. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Process, track and reconcile all financial transactions and budgetary commitments;
- Recommend action and provide intervention on account discrepancies;
- Maintain spreadsheets for tracking all grants and department accounts;
- Maintain and update fiscal files to meet audit requirements;
- Act as liaison to General Accounting, Purchasing, and the Office of Sponsored Programs; and
- Provide support for Principal Investigators, Office Manager, and Department Chair.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel;
- Motivated self-starter;
- High-level excellent customer service skills;
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong numeric skills and reconciliation ability;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication.
- Prior experience with sponsored funding and/or reconciliations;
- Prior experience with university systems is a plus; and
- Prior knowledge of university fiscal policies is helpful.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00920z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. http://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/38369