The George Mason University Department of Economics is seeking to fill a full-time, benefited Administrative Office Specialist position designed to provide administrative support for the Center for Study of Public Choice, based at Mason’s Fairfax campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
In addition to general administrative duties, responsibilities for this versatile support position include:
- Providing administrative help in day-to-day office management;
- Serving as a point of contact for walk-in visitors and phone inquiries, responding to questions and e-mails, and directing inquiries to the correct resources;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for a weekly seminar—working with faculty on the semester calendar; communicating with speakers; and planning travel, meals and logistics for speakers and participants;
- Assisting the coordinator during an annual summer weekend conference; and
- Editing all department publications, including but not limited to: center Web site, the annual report, grant requests and faculty academic work.
- Prior work experience aligned with the administrative and fiscal responsibilities of a support position in a university setting;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to edit up to book-length projects in order to adhere to specific editing requirements for journals and academic publishing houses;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of faculty and students; and
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in responding to new projects and assignments as they arise; and
- Demonstrated relevant professional experience.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00545z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. http://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/38362