Project Surveyor – 10+ Years Experience (20341)
Work for an Industry Leader!
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an amazing opportunity for a Surveyor / Project Manager with extensive experience to launch our survey practice in Arlington, VA. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for managing, leading, and growing all aspects of a regional survey department; applying intensive and diversified knowledge of surveying principles and practices within broad assignments; managing staff, and developing new clients and business opportunities; performing and coordinating the planning, reduction of data and production of deliverables on federal projects, and small and large-scale land development projects; and growing a survey practice with potential work internationally.
- Establish and grow survey department in our Arlington, VA office;
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships;
- Interview, hire, manage, develop, and mentor survey personnel;
- Establish work plan, staffing requirements for projects and maintain quality control;
- Coordinate with other survey groups throughout the firm on project work;
- Write proposals, project scopes, prepare estimates and project budgets and reports;
- Actively participate in client and regulatory meetings; and,
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- The ideal hire will possess a minimum of 10 years of surveying and management experience including boundary, topography, utility, and/or architectural surveys in Arlington / DC Metro area;
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying is preferred but not required;
- Professional Land Surveyor licensure in Virginia is required, and preferred (but not required) in the District of Columbia (DC);
- Willingness to learn how to be successful in business development, marketing, and networking;
- Expert in all aspects of the land surveying practice;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage staff, maintain quality control, interact with senior managers of the firm, clients and regulatory authorities;
- Proven experience in proposal preparation, contract negotiations, job estimates, project management and managing budgets;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software and excellent computer skills;
- Willingness to work in the field;
- Ability to operate field equipment including Total Stations, Data Collectors and GPS;
- Valid driver’s license; and,
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
We thank you for your interest in Langan!
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability