Job Title: Technician, Maintenance Lead
Career Band: II
Job ID #: 8805
PURPOSE: Plans, organizes, directs and performs all maintenance and electrical system activities to ensure the operational efficiency throughout all owned and operated buildings of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. and CFS.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists supervisor in controlling overall operations and performance of the maintenance department (most importantly the electrical and mechanical) and primary sites of the corporation for efficiency, safe operations and occupancy by the employees.
- Monitors and performs facility chargebacks / purchasing of equipment and supplies to ensure a cost effective means of operation.
- Responds to a wide range of tenant service requests by performing a variety of installation, maintenance, repair and fabrication tasks to satisfy the organizational “customer”. This normally requires the duties of electrical, mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, dry walling, painting, and locksmithing.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing of equipment necessary to the operation of buildings to reduce the need of costly individual contractors and to ensure the safe and efficient use by employees of CareFirst. Will assist the customer with ID badges, conference room arrangements and parking services.
- Coordinate with staff and outside contractors and vendors during relocations of departments, assuring compliance with all local, state, and federal laws for efficiency of operations and long term management and employee satisfaction.
- Performs technical project management of major projects. Schedules mechanical and electrical needs of the company and sets work flow.
- Conduct formal walkthrough inspections of administrative sites twice per year and inspect high visibility areas, e.g. Client Services, executive offices six times per year. Document all deficiencies found.
Driver’s license – Must be able to travel to and from different locations and supply houses, occasionally using personal vehicle when company vehicle is unavailable. Truck license optional.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of national electrical code, NFPA, OSHA and trade standards.
- 7-10 years of experience in mechanical and electrical duties.
- Several years of supervisory experience.
- Supervisory experience in dealing with contract laborers.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in Plumbing, Carpentry, Drywalling and Painting.
- Licensed electrician preferred.
Communication and Human Relation Skills:
- Ability to deal cooperatively and effectively with managers, employees and directors on basic exchange of information, scheduling regarding maintenance and repair jobs, “negotiating” job priorities and differences that may arise while responding to management and employee “customers”, requests for service.
- Good oral and written skills to interact with management and employees throughout the organization, prepare reports, etc.
- Computer Skills including spreadsheets.
- HVAC, Pneumatics, Refrigeration, Locksmithing, Fabricating.
- Ability to use the PC for maintaining records and looking up files.
- Ability to read and comprehend Architectural, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical blue prints.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Business Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee has a physically active job, more often standing than sitting. On a daily basis will climb ladders, kneel for substantial periods, stoop and bend. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle power and hand tools, parts, equipment and materials, measure and/or fabricate objects, etc. The employee must talk, hear, see, smell, touch, and maintain balance. Weights of up to 50+ pounds are frequently lifted.
Department: Building Service Unit
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: July 28, 2016
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.