Arlington Country is recruiting for a Procurement Coordinator in the Financial Management Bureau, a subdivision of the Finance and Information Systems Division of the Department of Human Services (DHS). DHS is comprised of five operational divisions providing services for older adults and persons with disabilities, child and family services, physical and behavioral healthcare programs, as well as employment, housing and public assistance. The department has approximately 200 contracts with an annual value of $30 million. The employee will advise staff on, review, edit, draft, and execute a variety of procurement documents; train DHS staff to ensure compliance with federal, state and local procurement regulations; track and monitor the status of DHS procurement projects; develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; and assist programmatic staff in meeting their procurement needs.
- Consults with and advises all levels of DHS staff to facilitate projects through the Arlington County procurement process;
- Advises department representatives on purchasing methods to procure goods and services to meet business needs;
- Assists Human Services program managers in the preparation of procurement documents including sole source and exempt purchase memos, scopes of work, and Requests For Information (RFI) and Proposal (RFP);
- Develops systems and processes to archive, track, and monitor the status of contracts and agreements;
- Develops and conducts purchasing training for DHS staff; and
- Liaises with program managers, community partners and vendors to ensure contract compliance and efficient service delivery.