Military OneSource Wounded Warrior Resources Specialty Consultant
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Military OneSource Wounded Warrior Resources Specialty Consultant to join our team at our office in Arlington, VA. The Military OneSource Wounded Warrior Resources Specialty Consultant will provide assistance to wounded, injured and ill service members, veterans, and their families and caregivers when they experience challenges navigating military and Veterans Affairs healthcare benefits; and to report any concerns with military or VA facilities, as mandated by congress.
- Conducts a comprehensive assessment of wounded, injured and ill service members and veterans, family members and caregivers in order to identify the barriers they are experiencing accessing military and VA health care and benefit entitlements; and to provide resources for any other issues that they may experience.
- Performs data entry and case management, case tracking and customer follow-up.
- Documents in multiple databases all support provided to all callers contacting the call center.
- Monitors all research and referrals and additional material sent to callers.
- Identifies vetted resources for any participant regarding military and VA services, programs, policies and legislation supporting Wounded Warriors and their families; to include the wounded members of the National Guard and Reserve and their families. Works with a large, dynamic information database that crosses federal, state and private boundaries, including input from DoD, Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor and other federal agencies.
- Follows all Department of Defense protocols in place to respond to all Wounded Warrior inquires involving reports of deficiencies.
- Will support triage consultants regularly.
- Based on business needs, will be asked to take on special projects as required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation or other Human Services field; Military experience, Military spouse or Military or VA civilian employee experience; Knowledge of military culture and EAP industry; 1.5 years of experience in a call center environment
Education: Master’s Degree required.
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in social/human services field; Extensive knowledge of military and Veterans Affairs systems and programs; Ability to be flexible, creative in a fast-paced, high change environment; Diverse experience in counseling, social work, rehabilitation or mental health services; Knowledge of basic computer skills with some experience with computer based case management systems; Effective oral and written communication skills; Excellent customer service skills
Skills & Abilities:
- MS Office Suite
- Avaya Phone System
- Wounded Warrior Tracking System
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
ValueOptions, Inc., a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled $FDL
TO APPLY- Visit their website/ job link http://careers.beaconhealthoptions.com/job/VA-Arlington/Military-OneSource-Wounded-Warrior-Resources-Specialty-Consultant/J3L1VM6ZW71KQ2JBSMQ and click on APPLY NOW