Senior Finance Manager
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
The Senior Finance Manager will have responsibility for managing financial planning and analysis. This includes pricing analysis and review, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, contingency planning, and financial analysis support of VPs and CXOs. This position will report directly to the CFO. Standard monthly financial analyses will include; business unit reviews, portfolio analysis, indirect rate variances, and budget to actual variances. Ad hoc projects will include: strategic planning support, indirect rate analysis, and audit support.
The Senior Finance Manager will also support the proposal team by identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements. This individual will take a lead role in insuring proposal pricing documentation and files are maintained.
- Active participant, as a member of the financial operations staff, in key operational business decisions and financial planning.
- Advise Senior Management on financial planning, and business decisions providing critical assessment of inputs. Such as, leading revenue recognition reporting/forecasting and forecast of active project revenues and costs.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting process.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to Senior Management.
- Furnish timely and accurate forecast information – EBITDA, Operating Cash Flow, Business Development expenditures, and other capital spend.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting for key performance and corporate health metrics.
- Perform financial evaluation of corporate investments including productivity of these corporate investments.
- Support the development of a scalable and integrated proposal pricing process with finance and business development.
- Participate in the proposal pricing process to include: pricing guidance to capture team, support development of subcontractor rates, review bid margins, analyze and compile cost data, and prepare price submissions.
- Prepare timely, accurate and compliant pricing models and lead the preparation of price/cost volume documents in a collaborative manner.
- Maintain cost models and cost estimating processes.
- Responsible for development and supervision of finance staff.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4 years, minimum, of experience in employee management and supervision
- 10+ years, minimum, of experience pricing professional services contracts to the Federal Government to include the following:
- Working knowledge of all contract types including FFP, CPFF, CPAF and T&M
- Exposure to Government Cost Accounting Principles and the FAR
- Advanced level experience with MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the executive level
- Proven track record of successfully working with executive level management
- Experience leading engagement planning including contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and research multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High level of ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Previous experience in performing fiscal planning including creating and managing an operational budget and forecast
- MBA or Master’s degree in related business fields
- Experience in a client-service environment
- Mid to Large Government Contracting experience
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- McLean, Virginia
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Applicants authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor work Visa for this role.
- Relocation will not be offered.
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
Please apply via this link: http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6763&jid=407501#.V4k4iLgrLHo